New member of 2010 LC in Portland, OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. Just starting the process here. Taking off these Flares. Have plans for more.

Quick question. anyone in portland area have a recommendation of a reasonable shop that will do a good job on the repaint of the fenders for a reasonable job. Seems like everyone wants to charge the Insurance prices. thanks

IMG_0932.JPG
IMG_0928 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0927 - Copy.JPG

Not sure what level you're looking to achieve, but I would suspect a four-corner paint and tint job would be several thousand.

If it's going to be a trail rig, you may want to consider doing it yourself. Automotive Touchup has great products and videos. Wet sand, prime, tint, and clear. You can easily get 80% results yourself. 95%+ results if you really take your time. The only thing you won't be able to do is tint match.

Another option to consider would be a wrap. You could probably get a full wrap for around the cost of a quality paint of that much area. Just guessing on that however.

"Have plans for more"? More flares? Honestly, Id clean and buff and polish the hell out of the fenders and if you still can't live with the imperfections left by the flares, Id put the flares back on before I had the factory paint repainted. Repaints just never look as good as original paint. If those fenders have already been repainted from a previous accident, then I guess my point is moot, and just take them to the most reputable shop. The saying "You get what you pay for" applies to paint jobs maybe more than anything else.

If that is metallic silver or beige like it looks, nobody is going to paint just the fender, because they know that you won't be happy with how it looks after. Then you will demand a better job. So they are going to want to at least blend it into the doors, if not the hood and then you are inching up the pillars, and then well, you might as well do the roof and now your looking at an all over paint job for $10k. Ive been down this path more times than I can count. You have found yourself in the ole can o' worms.

Welcome to Mud!

I can't tell for sure from the photos, but looking at the LF bumper scratches and fender/bumper and fender/hood alignment as well as LF fender crease, was there a front end accident or fender-bender in the history? Maybe a previous repaint? Anyway, if you're springing for flare removal cleanup work, maybe do all the body work at the same time and get it all fixed up?

Or just go to work with NuFinish Scratch Doctor and see what happens :)

thanks for the suggestions. will start with a few bids (hopefully not 10K).

Yes there was small fender bender/front bumper thing that happened previous to purchase. Gonna try to get that fixed at the same time.

If the price is crazy, i will be give the youtube and the do it yourself painting/sanding a try.

Flares are definitely staying off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom