New member new owner:No crank No Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased 1998 LC with 197,000 miles. Runs great when it starts. Purchased without knowing all the no crank/crank no start issues. Been reading up. My first thought, before I started reading these forums, was that the key was the issue as it was damaged and the fob portion would flex when turning the key. But now I do think it is the starter...I actually dropped off at dealer and will let you know. I’m not a grease monkey but looking to learn. Thanks all!

Pull the battery connectors. Make sure they are shiny clean metal, wire brush if needed. Make sure that you bolt them back on TIGHT. If you think they are tight enough, they probably aren't. Then check the grounds to the block and chassis, same thing, metal to metal. Make sure the brass underside of the fuse block coming off the positive side is also shiny and clean. Make checking these a regular thing.

I'd recommend starting with the battery as well; sound advice. From my experience, I'd next check into the EFI fuse/ immobilizer light issue if you haven't already. Not an uncommon issue. This left me stranded a couple of times (once 24 hours from home) and I changed out the fuse box, which should remedy the issue. Bell Lexus had the best price I could find on a new one btw.

Sounds like a bad starter. Gotta pull the intake to change it, it’s down in the valley between the heads. Good luck!

Update: Toyota dealership called and said it was the starter. They kept it overnight in hopes that it would not start and luckily it didn’t start. So getting OEM starter. Get it Tuesday. Thanks for the replies and the helpful advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom