New Member! Need wheel/tire and offset recs with 2” lift. Thanks! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! Have lurked before, but happy to officially be in here. I’ve had my 2006 cruiser for about 2 years now. I’m the second owner, bought from a family member who kept it very well maintained.

I recently swapped out the AHC due to failure and replaced it with an Ironman 2” suspension lift kit. Need to replace tires pretty quickly and want to upgrade the wheels as well. Looking at size/offset and wheel recommendations. Want a a slightly more aggressive look with a little poke, but nothing overly obnoxious or that would affect handling too much. Any pictures of your rigs and fitment would be appreciated as well. Thanks for your help!

Generally speaking, a 33" tire is pretty optimal. 285/75r16 or 275/70r18 are the most common "go to" sizes for 33s. Once you get into 34"-35" tires fitting them can start to get complicated. I encourage you to use the search function because there is tons of info on this topic. When you start getting into aftermarket wheels there are tons of variables regarding what will fit and how to make it fit.

ET 40 and a 295 tire gets a tiny bit of poke.

Most aftermarket wheels with the 5x150 lug pattern are Tundra style and have that extra dose and a half of testosterone with a 0 offset and the false beadlock look.

The more poke, the less diameter you can run before you hit the fender liner. Lift doesn't really help/matter.

There's a thread on aftermarket wheels on here. Lots of good info there.

I have never, ever seen a thread on here about non-OEM wheels or tires.

I also can get you a screaming deal a bridge in the Brooklyn area.

Hey guys! Have lurked before, but happy to officially be in here. I’ve had my 2006 cruiser for about 2 years now. I’m the second owner, bought from a family member who kept it very well maintained.

I recently swapped out the AHC due to failure and replaced it with an Ironman 2” suspension lift kit. Need to replace tires pretty quickly and want to upgrade the wheels as well. Looking at size/offset and wheel recommendations. Want a a slightly more aggressive look with a little poke, but nothing overly obnoxious or that would affect handling too much. Any pictures of your rigs and fitment would be appreciated as well. Thanks for your help!
What did you end up fitting?

I'm planning for a similar upgrade, as far as I know the OEM offset is 60mm, and the options are very limited.

How does it affect having an offset of 0mm using a R16/285/75?

285/70/17 on 17x8.5 “0” offset 2.5” ish lift.

65C2C8FB-675D-4DD5-9CCD-C0D7BFA2E481.jpeg

1138C2AF-4E2E-4FF3-B774-B7CCCE57F1B5.jpeg

F193991E-2505-477E-BC6B-039A66A2BB93.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom