New Member: just purchased a beautiful blue fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.clarionbicycle.com
Hello, just got an fj60 after being without one for the last 8 years. Had one in High School and College but sadly had to sell it after getting a job I had to commute to and not being able to afford the gas:bang: But finally I am to a point I can have one again and I found another blue 1984 with 119k and in overall pretty good shape. So far I had the exhaust replaced to pass inspection and removed the cat. I ordered a Smittybuilt console to replace the brown non-matching one that came with it. Planning on figuring that install out shortly. My main goals are to figure out what is wrong with the power steering, it gets really hard after it warms up when driving slow? It isn't leaking and I just had it flushed and filled with synthetic ATF. I also seem to have a leak near the intake manifold which is causing it to run a little lean. My local shop didn't want to touch it so I am looking for a boston shop that can handle it. I also want to get some body work done to take care of the small amount of rust near the rear wheel wells. maybe some one has advise if it would be smarter to just take it up to Cruiser solutions in NH and have them do everything or it might be cheaper to do it locally in Boston? I've already read a lot on here and I really dig the community! :cheers:
-2.jpg

Looks clean, and I have the same color. Welcome to the madness

Nice shiney rig! Welcome back to the sickness.

Looking for some info on the inspection process you just went through in MA. I too have pick one up recently (FJ62 actually) and one of the cats rottened out completely. Did you pass inspection with no cat on the 60 at all?

Hey BostonLC Because of the age of my 60, (1984) it only had to pass a safety test to be inspected, from what I can gather after 15 years in MA you don't need to pass emissions. but don't quote me on it, i had the cat removed and replaced with a resonator which I was told will keep it from being too loud.

Massachusetts Vehicle Check

"The following types of motor vehicles are exempt from the emissions inspection:

Cars, trucks and SUVs manufactured before model year 1997 no longer receive tailpipe emissions tests but fail their safety inspections if they produce visible smoke"

Good stuff, hope to get mine on the road soon.. Saw yours on CL up in NH not long ago, looks like it's in great shape

Shebamacalla said:
Hello, just got an fj60 after being without one for the last 8 years. Had one in High School and College but sadly had to sell it after getting a job I had to commute to and not being able to afford the gas:bang: But finally I am to a point I can have one again and I found another blue 1984 with 119k and in overall pretty good shape. So far I had the exhaust replaced to pass inspection and removed the cat. I ordered a Smittybuilt console to replace the brown non-matching one that came with it. Planning on figuring that install out shortly. My main goals are to figure out what is wrong with the power steering, it gets really hard after it warms up when driving slow? It isn't leaking and I just had it flushed and filled with synthetic ATF. I also seem to have a leak near the intake manifold which is causing it to run a little lean. My local shop didn't want to touch it so I am looking for a boston shop that can handle it. I also want to get some body work done to take care of the small amount of rust near the rear wheel wells. maybe some one has advise if it would be smarter to just take it up to Cruiser solutions in NH and have them do everything or it might be cheaper to do it locally in Boston? I've already read a lot on here and I really dig the community! :cheers:

Where are you?

There's a great shop in Marshfield. It's called Kabilian's and the owner is a Toyota master mechanic.

http://www.kabilianscarkare.com/

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom