New member intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zuberg

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally picked up a 100 series and I love it.
Huge thanks to this forum and the wealth of information the community provides. Looking forward to learning more and contributing. The pre purchase inspection video from OTRAMM was incredibly helpful. I even called and talked to Ryan so big thanks to him for giving me a few pointers before I went to look at the truck. Was going to take it to him to look at but turns out the prior owner had him do the inspection just 2 years prior!

Picked up a 2007 Cruiser, no AHC, no rust as it's been mostly a southern car. Everything is in really nice shape. 199k miles. Full maintenence records. No accidents. Came with a bunch of aftermarket stuff, ironman bumper, lift, winch etc not installed brand new in box. Will probably sell most/all of that off.

I'm coming from a fairly built 120 (2005 4runner with the same vvti v8 motor) so I'm pretty familiar with timing belt swaps and AIP bypass for the stupid emissions air valves and pumps. Probably will keep this build a bit more modest.

Plans for now:
Baseline it. Front end bearings, cvs (bit weepy), valve cover gaskets. Bushings as needed etc.
Headlight retrofit (came with a new set of headlights to mess with)
New wheels/tires
White knuckle sliders (have them on my 4runner and they're awesome!)
Thorley headers (picked them up before I bought the truck. Not looking forward to that install!)
Lift (ran radflo 2.5s on my 4runner and they treated me well. Will probably look at radflo again for the cruiser) not much information on the radflos I could find but I'll keep digging.
Full sound system and sound deadening install. Bypass the stereo....read through the nav delete thread but seems some of the required components are no longer available. Just do the resistor trick for now.

First wheeling trip coming up in January so gotta get the tires and some baseline stuff done.

20221024_181401.jpg

Welcome, great looking truck. Check out Capital Land Cruiser Club (CLCC) in the clubhouse section as well, we are the TLCA chapter of MD/DC/VA. We meet first wednesday of every month ( today ) at Kilroys in Springfield VA at 7. Come out and meet some like minded cruiserheads if you can :beer:

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the purchase, looks like a really clean rig. Now is finally a good time to buy, prices on these are going down it seems

Welcome, great looking truck. Check out Capital Land Cruiser Club (CLCC) in the clubhouse section as well, we are the TLCA chapter of MD/DC/VA. We meet first wednesday of every month ( today ) at Kilroys in Springfield VA at 7. Come out and meet some like minded cruiserheads if you can :beer:

Thanks! Appreciate the invite. I will definitely try to make it out for one of the upcoming meetings!
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks you! So much great information.
Congrats on the purchase, looks like a really clean rig. Now is finally a good time to buy, prices on these are going down it seems
Was shopping for several months and prices are definitely trending down. Total purchase was $20k for the truck but that included $5-6k in new parts. We agreed on a vehicle value of $16k and $4k for the parts. Not sure how active seller was on here but he definitely did a lot of reading on the forum. Great guy, did lots of baseline maintenance and glad to keep it in the mud family.

Thanks Puddy!

Thanks! I'm in the Gainesville/Warrenton area.
Oh sweet. I’m in Haymarket/Warrenton/The Plains all the time so I’m sure I’ll see you around town somehow.
I live in bealeton but im in warrenton at least twice a day, gainesville a few times a week and Manassas a few times a week- my father still lives tehre and still has his fj60.

Oh sweet. I’m in Haymarket/Warrenton/The Plains all the time so I’m sure I’ll see you around town somehow.

I live in bealeton but im in warrenton at least twice a day, gainesville a few times a week and Manassas a few times a week- my father still lives tehre and still has his fj60.
Sounds great. Looking forward to meeting you both at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom