New member interduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I'm a new forum member and new Land Cruiser owner, although my "new Land Cruiser" is far from new. I've owned Toyota pickups since 1987 (my first being a used '85 Toyota 4x4), when I was a kid, but I've always dreamed of someday owning a LC. I recently purchased a stock 1992 LC with 129,000 original miles (the first 118,000 in central TX), and I'm wondering where to go from here. At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, which I probably am, I'm just wondering what I should do, things I should look for that "need" to be done, if anything, to this truck. I've always been a huge fan of the FJ55's, and about 10 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase one that was very clean, and also totally stock, but unfortunately, I missed out on that opportunity. So, for my first post, I guess my question's are, what things should I be concerned with, and how should I look to modify (if at all), this rig? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Greg

Interduction fits. Go to FAQ in the 80 series section. Research baselining. The 80 series is more capable than all the drivers put together in just stock form. You are going to LOVE this rig. Trust me. Get the Vessel screwdrivers and multiple 10mm sockets before you start. Search first on google, including MUD handle, and then ask questions. MUD is a visual crowd, eventually someone is going to harass you for pictures.

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

Welcome :flipoff2:

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you know what has been done on it? in general if rubber hasn't been replaced, it needs to be replaced now. That means bushings, all rubber hoses(this would include new coolant and heater valve), belts and seals. And then replacing all lube, grease in bearings (replacing seals/gaskets as you encounter them) new gear oil in diffs, new oil... and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL flush brake fluid and make sure your brake hoses are in good condition and you can stop reliably. You will find other things in that process, but i usually try to get that stuff out of the way before i worry about sparkplugs and wires and fixing oil leaks etc.

unimportant stuff would be pull seats and carpet, clean out the previous owners and start making a list of things that need to be fixed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you know what has been done on it? in general if rubber hasn't been replaced, it needs to be replaced now. That means bushings, all rubber hoses(this would include new coolant and heater valve), belts and seals. And then replacing all lube, grease in bearings (replacing seals/gaskets as you encounter them) new gear oil in diffs, new oil... and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL flush brake fluid and make sure your brake hoses are in good condition and you can stop reliably. You will find other things in that process, but i usually try to get that stuff out of the way before i worry about sparkplugs and wires and fixing oil leaks etc.

unimportant stuff would be pull seats and carpet, clean out the previous owners and start making a list of things that need to be fixed.
That’s all I got for now.

B9F3FAE8-C169-493C-B4A3-BEEDC8EC33B5.jpeg

AF4C1396-2569-41A1-B903-C2D29682885D.jpeg

4DA2227D-FF8E-4B4D-B40E-CE9F1C052718.jpeg

D0C1B4B3-0FFA-4C6D-9512-3E31F036B649.jpeg

22B16899-5977-4B10-A999-7740C1522AF9.jpeg

01DCC706-988B-43FD-A64B-243B46FD071C.jpeg

1FD190A9-0CF9-4F54-817D-889743D99908.jpeg

EA39EEF4-82FD-4797-AA23-A18D86B5D0DD.jpeg

Like it, man. Dig the clear windows and the 307 sticker in the back window. 😊 wheels gotta go, though. Unless you like them 🤨 haha it’s all about what you want.

Nice start. Sorry for the affliction!. Its incurable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom