New Member in Socal PICS Included (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yodaTEQ

Design,Build,EXPLORE
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
yodateq.com
I did it!
I made the plunge and bought a locked 1997 LX 450. I am super stoked and can’t wait to lift it and do some wheelin' Check out my photo album

itsfirsttriptothedesertitdidverywellimimpressed.jpg

Changed the motor oil, diff oil, changed out the gatorback belts with Toyota Belts, replaced the EGR Valve and adjusted the timing and PASSED smog.

Do you guys have the part number or a fix for these

Replace window trim

Fix Roof Channel

Rubber around rear window

Rubber around head lights

Ordered the hoses for PHH and FHH
Trailer wiring is chewed up – Bought Hopkins 43405 wiring Kit

***What else should I check or replace before I plunge to the next phase?

Next on the list:
CDL Switch & Pin 7 Mod
Slee 4” Lift
Bought four 315 / 75 / 16 bfg mt km2s on Land cruiser wheels from KimoSabe
Paint LC Wheels Black
Sliders
Rear bumper and tire carrier

Thanks in Advance

Frank

Last edited:
Looks like a clean start!

Yikes! I haven't ever seen a 95-97 dash crack. Now I'm slightly paranoid about mine cracking.

Welcome! :flipoff2:

Very nice, clean rig.

Which part of SoCal do you reside?

Nice.....

I'd check that the rear sliding windows don't leak into the cabin given the state of the rubber seal on the vent cover the rest of the whole area might be dried out too. Better to know and get it in shape. Check the jack, it might be rusty as a sign of the leak, or just pop the whole cover off and see if it leaks from a garden hose spray.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! Glad to be apart of the Mud Community

what rims are those?

They are rims from a 2006 Tundra that the seller had bought and swapped them before the sale.

Yikes! I haven't ever seen a 95-97 dash crack. Now I'm slightly paranoid about mine cracking.

I bought it in AZ so I imagine it was left in the sun. I thought it would bother me but I dont even see it do to the steering wheel.

You need to check in here :cheers:

Will Do Fjc8871

Which part of SoCal do you reside?

I live in Diamond Bar where the 60 and the 57 fwys meet.

Nice.....

I'd check that the rear sliding windows don't leak into the cabin given the state of the rubber seal on the vent cover the rest of the whole area might be dried out too. Better to know and get it in shape. Check the jack, it might be rusty as a sign of the leak, or just pop the whole cover off and see if it leaks from a garden hose spray.

Will do Jeffro19 Thanks for the tip.

Do you guys have a part number or a fix for this trim

driverssidedoorneedtofix2.jpg

I was going to remove it but did not want it to leak. Suggestions??

I bought it in AZ so I imagine it was left in the sun. I thought it would bother me but I dont even see it do to the steering wheel.

Did you happen to pick up that rig up in Prescott Valley, AZ? It looks just like one that I've seen running around town sometimes. Congrats! by the way it looks like a really clean truck. Have fun with the black paint (same as mine), it sure looks great when its clean.:cheers:

Do you guys have a part number or a fix for this trim

driverssidedoorneedtofix2.jpg

I was going to remove it but did not want it to leak. Suggestions??

If my records are correct, part # 75740-60020 "Moulding A" list $84.45
I would confirm, prior to purchase though.
Try Dan at America Toyota, here on mud

WELC:flipoff2:ME
And chime in over in the SoCal 80's for sure to meet up with us on some runs. There are three outings coming up in the next month in this order:
TDS
2011 Tierra Del Sol - TDS - Desert Safari
Baja 250
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-socal-80s/459481-baja-250-march-12-2011-a.html
And Desert Rendezvous
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-socal-80s/448611-socal-desert-rendezvous-2011-a.html

For sure Blue, love to meet up - i just posted up on the SoCal side of the forum

Did you happen to pick up that rig up in Prescott Valley, AZ? It looks just like one that I've seen running around town sometimes. Congrats! by the way it looks like a really clean truck. Have fun with the black paint (same as mine), it sure looks great when its clean.:cheers:

YES I DID 8KCABDriver I have some friends in Gilbert, AZ I wanted to visit and made the trip a combo deal. The truck runs great and I'm glad I bought it AND IT HAS THE KNOB OF POWER! LOL

Next on the list:
CDL Switch & Pin 7 Mod

You don't have to do the pin 7 mod you can just plug in the switch and be able to lock it in HI. If you find yourself on hardcore tight trails regularly then I would pull the 7 pin. Also you can use a hazard switch for $10 rather than the lokcer switch for $40.

Slee 4” Lift

I would also consider Iron Man's 4" or Frankies Offroad 3.5" lift.

Bought four 315 / 75 / 16 bfg mt km2s on Land cruiser wheels from KimoSabe
Paint LC Wheels Black
Sliders
Rear bumper and tire carrier

Look up Sean Bumpers here in the 80 section for a San Diego guy making great bumpers for a good price and customized to your liking.

Looks like those tundra rims offset are a little off. I ran 1.5 spacers behind my tundra rims and brought them out even with the flares. Nice Truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom