New member from México ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone!

Greetings from Mexico.

Last year we went on a trip to Baja with a normal hatchback car, and we realyzed how limited is to access to certain places without a car for that purpose. We also met a lot of people with amazing rigs, and we thought that a car like that would be amazing to have.

Searching a car for a long time, I came across this page and this strong community. And here we are with a project! That’s a 1991 Fj80 originally from California, imported to Mexico long time ago. There’s a lot to do, and I’m planning to do it by myself, so all comments and tips are more than welcome (if not highly necessary)!

0C3A21FD-53AE-4CC1-8288-B1532002FE99.jpeg

Congrats on the 80, we have a 3fe thread (best toyota engine ever made) on the man page that has tons of good info. I have a really good shake down test you can do, I'm gonna need you to fill it with tanks of R12 and tacos then drive it to Arizona. That should show you any weak points in the rig ( it has non as its a 3fe 80). Welcome to the forums.

Congrats on the 80, we have a 3fe thread (best toyota engine ever made) on the man page that has tons of good info. I have a really good shake down test you can do, I'm gonna need you to fill it with tanks of R12 and tacos then drive it to Arizona. That should show you any weak points in the rig ( it has non as its a 3fe 80). Welcome to the forums.
Thanks @UsedLuxury, I’ll check that thread for sure! I’m also planning to maybe create a thread for that repair project. Let’s see.

Idk if a drive to Arizona is needed, but after buying the LC, we went from Mexico city to Tlaxcala and then we drove back home, and during that drive I experienced different stages, and also could find a lot of the things that need to be fixed (one of them being the AC).

First minutes drive, was frustration and anger.

“How on earth I bought that car?” I thought. Slow, underpowered, noisy, lights weren’t properly adjusted... “I shoud’ve bought a modern car...” I ended up exhausted and frustrated the first 4h drive.

Next day, on our way home, totally different story. I started to figured out how to play with the accelerator, how to handle... basically how to drive it. And I thought: “Thi is an amazing car” You just need to shift your mind and realyze what’s made for.

My father always had Citroëns, and I remembered driving the LC, how slow those cars were. And I could understand why was he so obsessed in those underpowered and noisy cars that barely could climb an easy steep. Those cars are really pleasant to drive, made for the joy of driving.

“La Perrona” (is how my wife named the LC) is ready to be taken care of, but for that I’ll need all the wisdom of this forum, so please be patient with a newbie!

Where are you in Mexico? I have my 91 80 living in Puerto Vallarta. Welcome to the madness!

Where are you in Mexico? I have my 91 80 living in Puerto Vallarta. Welcome to the madness!
I’m living in Guanajuato.
It’s good to know there are members that have their LC in Mexico too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom