New Member First Post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some more pictures. I have the original rivet wheels that I am going to put on it. It runs good considering it has only had about 100 miles out on it in the last few years.

352E5560-9038-4893-A732-05271FA50EEE.jpeg

AC9A24FE-BEBC-4C27-A872-E94D9EE5E157.jpeg

D1F32EB8-967C-4A41-A007-7A2A5832ED8A.jpeg

4CA696C7-CFA9-4D88-8F4B-6397BB24B0D1.jpeg

6155A327-3366-4200-8BA9-38909B559788.jpeg

I’m right there with you as far as being new. So far my experience has been great. You’ve come to the right place!

Really nice rig!!
Very interesting original rig, The heater vent on the passenger side would indicate 65 and newer.
IFAIK 65 would have been the first year on the factory heater.

maybe a new years Professionals Sample SOLID CORE Wire Reproduction Choke cable is in order 🤔

click this link , it shows what i can simply send you one out

most importantly it has the solid core ridged cable style you need

let me know if you want one sent out , NO cost involved , its what we all call MUD-SHIP

welcome to MUD

Untitled11.png

1610452649128.png

maybe a new years Professionals Sample SOLID CORE Wire Reproduction Choke cable is in order 🤔

let me know if you want one sent out , NO cost involved , its what we all call MUD-SHIP

welcome to MUD

Many thanks. This is very nice. I have no problem paying for it. Do you need to see pics of the choke cable that is in the rig now?

welcome to MUD

Hey
Many thanks. This is very nice. I have no problem paying for it. Do you need to see pics of the choke cable that is in the rig now?
@ToyotaMatt, I went ahead to your store and got the choke cable and a gas tank cap. Could have spent quite a bit in there, but I'm baby stepping it until I get to know the rig a little better. Thanks for the help.

Hey

@ToyotaMatt, I went ahead to your store and got the choke cable and a gas tank cap. Could have spent quite a bit in there, but I'm baby stepping it until I get to know the rig a little better. Thanks for the help.
the cable was a welcome to MUD-SHIP Bro-Deal network thing ..........

but you do need a cap

Hi Guys,
This is my first post on any forum ever, so please excuse my noobie ness.

FJ40
Factory soft top
needs a little TLC but mostly in good shape.View attachment 2548623

when you have time , spend some time here , while started by me , by my Uncle Mark , @65swb45

its become my gallery and time line of both personal and trade craft grown as i spread my wings and Concurred anything Toyota with a cable and a knob involved

im very proud ov my work :)

i have done over 100+ first gen chokes for sure ............

when you have time , spend some time here , while started by me , by my Uncle Mark , @65swb45

its become my gallery and time line of both personal and trade craft grown as i spread my wings and Concurred anything Toyota with a cable and a knob involved

im very proud ov my work :)

i have done over 100+ first gen chokes for sure ............

Thanks. So is it a total dweeb move to change my existing choke cable out with the repro? I’m trying to not make any moves that would be frowned upon on keeping it as original as possible.

Thanks. So is it a total dweeb move to change my existing choke cable out with the repro? I’m trying to not make any moves that would be frowned upon on keeping it as original as possible.

well u need one i looked at it a needed band aid to get you buy till you had more time to learn with can be done and with limits can be pushed

the solid core cable is the big this u can let your truck sit or drive it , that's up to you

i would drive it a use a temp band-aid to get by in this case no same from my point of view

then when you decide what long term restore meets your criteria you then have a spare choke cable on hand

too

always look at the positive .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom