New Member First Post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
This is my first post on any forum ever, so please excuse my noobie ness.

FJ40
Factory soft top
needs a little TLC but mostly in good shape.
62604066043__AF8E01E2-7FA0-46E5-97B0-AD8BBF2C57DD.JPEG

Welcome to the madness.,,is that a 60 behind the 40? Love me some BAMA

Welcome to Mud! Looking good!

I am looking for a choke cable repair man or an original replacement. If you can point the way I would appreciate it.

That’s a great looking 40. I’m partial to ‘65 (that’s the year of my FHT). Maybe @ToyotaMatt can help with your choke cable repair.

Welcome Lots of very smart an talented people here.

Welcome to Mud, and forums! Looks like you got the hang of posting pictures. Put up some more, we love seeing people’s rigs.

So what’s the story of your 40? Original?

Welcome, Nice rig !

Last edited:
I was told it’s a 65 sold in 66. Not 100% about that, but the circle on the plate is supposed to designate that.

View attachment 2548836
Last year of the vented windshield is 64, back then they could sit on dealer lots for a couple of years before purchase. I have a 64 as well, the vented windshield is really cool and very functional

Last year of the vented windshield is 64, back then they could sit on dealer lots for a couple of years before purchase. I have a 64 as well, the vented windshield is really cool and very functional
Good info. Thanks for letting me know.

Welcome to Mud, and forums! Looks like you got the hang of posting pictures. Put up some more, we love seeing people’s rigs.

So what’s the story of your 40? Original?
My bother has been dealing in old 40’s for about 25 years or so. I can’t remember the story of how he got this one, but it was his favorite so he kept it for the last 17 years or so. It has some modifications but it is nearly all original. I will post some more pictures so people can input what has been modified. The soft top is not original and a roll bar has been added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom