New Member 97 FZJ 80 40th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I just purchased an FZJ80, and I already have some work to do on it. The reasons why I bought it were those that I researched using this forum!!! I am excited to get to work on this thing, and I have to drive it home from Colorado soon. So far, the biggest issue is with my tail lamps, and signals. The front markers do not work, the rear tail lamp on the passenger side has no power, and on the driver side, the turn signal stays illuminated when the lights are on. Weird stuff is happening with them. I suspect it may have something to do with the trailer harness wiring, but I have yet to pull everything apart. Photos to follow. I just hope I don't have a melted plug.

All the way from Colorado to NY, that's some dedication to the cause. Sage 40th by chance? It's my favorite.

congrats and welcome

signal lights are probably related to trailer harness. Its a known issue. I basically just ripped mine out and capped everything under there. signals stared working fine after that.

All the way from Colorado to NY, that's some dedication to the cause. Sage 40th by chance? It's my favorite.
Hello everyone, I just purchased an FZJ80, and I already have some work to do on it. The reasons why I bought it were those that I researched using this forum!!! I am excited to get to work on this thing, and I have to drive it home from Colorado soon. So far, the biggest issue is with my tail lamps, and signals. The front markers do not work, the rear tail lamp on the passenger side has no power, and on the driver side, the turn signal stays illuminated when the lights are on. Weird stuff is happening with them. I suspect it may have something to do with the trailer harness wiring, but I have yet to pull everything apart. Photos to follow. I just hope I don't have a melted plug.

44C95B9D-F494-4999-80FB-3CB2E53D8605.jpeg

202991BB-828F-4781-9C78-973D336463A3.jpeg

444A1087-EFF5-42A5-8182-0DD07A3C3F7C.jpeg

8BC49633-117D-420F-A63F-246A2F22F838.jpeg

F4245229-E99F-4637-AF09-B301DBE9D4C1.jpeg

Got it all figured out!!! Just a shotty job on the wiring for the trailer lights. The light module was also bad so I scrapped it all and I’ll order new if I can. Thanks y’all!!!

:cheers: enjoy

everyone likes a road trip. Please do share the journey!! Good luck, and if you need an assist along the way, you will find help within this community. But only if you share ample pics :)

Welcome to the club.

:cheers:

I noticed all those discrepancies. I have to figure out what to do with the fender flares. Im planning on outfitting it with several upgrades, lift, tires, ARB Bumpers and lockers. Any suggestions on lift manufactures and height? looking to do 35" general grabbers.

I noticed all those discrepancies. I have to figure out what to do with the fender flares. Im planning on outfitting it with several upgrades, lift, tires, ARB Bumpers and lockers. Any suggestions on lift manufactures and height? looking to do 35" general grabbers.
There is tons of info to be found on these questions. Search is your friend. Not knowing your plans, my advice is not to lift it.

Congrats and many happy miles ahead. I just did the CO to PA run and spent a night in the back of the 80 along I80 at Iowa 80. I swear I think NE stands for Never Ending and my suspension got a violent test from Joliet through Chicago. That stretch of 80 is like high speed Moab.

Congrats and many happy miles ahead. I just did the CO to PA run and spent a night in the back of the 80 along I80 at Iowa 80. I swear I think NE stands for Never Ending and my suspension got a violent test from Joliet through Chicago. That stretch of 80 is like high speed Moab.
You aren’t kidding, I rattled some tooth fillings loose!

Nice!! Congratulations! Good looking 80 and location!

Visiting upstate NY to retrieve a buddy’s 40 he keeps at his cabin on the Black River, some very cool scenery up here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom