New Member - 1st Time LC Owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these times.

I just bought a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser (Dark Green) from a very close family friend. (I finally convinced the owners to sell it to me.) I'm the second owner of the car and it has 127k original miles on it. It has been located and lived its entire life in North Delaware. I'm excited to take over ownership of the car and hope to transform it into my daily driver + adventure vehicle for some cross country journeys in the future!

I will try to get some pics uploaded to the site as soon as the car gets a proper wash! I'm looking for all advice + help on finding a reliable, honest, professional, fair-priced mechanic or auto shop that has experiences with Toyota Land Cruiser's / Lexus Cruiser's / Tundra's in the past in the North Delaware Area or around the Wilmington, DE / West Chester, PA area

I'm looking to do some basic modifications in the beginning but need to first have some basic repairs on the car from the previous owner and due to the fact that it's a 21-YEAR-OLD vehicle! Looking forward to connecting with some of you virtually and thanks again for accepting me and my ride!

Best,
Trip

Welcome. First mod is to ALWAYS invest in some tools to start working on the rig yourself. We're not talking engine hoist, more along the lines of a good set of pliers, trim removal tools, screwdrivers, and a soild mechanics tool set.

Hi all, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these times.

I just bought a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser (Dark Green) from a very close family friend. (I finally convinced the owners to sell it to me.) I'm the second owner of the car and it has 127k original miles on it. It has been located and lived its entire life in North Delaware. I'm excited to take over ownership of the car and hope to transform it into my daily driver + adventure vehicle for some cross country journeys in the future!

I will try to get some pics uploaded to the site as soon as the car gets a proper wash! I'm looking for all advice + help on finding a reliable, honest, professional, fair-priced mechanic or auto shop that has experiences with Toyota Land Cruiser's / Lexus Cruiser's / Tundra's in the past in the North Delaware Area or around the Wilmington, DE / West Chester, PA area

I'm looking to do some basic modifications in the beginning but need to first have some basic repairs on the car from the previous owner and due to the fact that it's a 21-YEAR-OLD vehicle! Looking forward to connecting with some of you virtually and thanks again for accepting me and my ride!

Best,
Trip
Welcome! I'm not sure which club is nearest to you, but I'd guess it's probably Capital Land Cruiser Club: VA/DC/MD- Capital Land Cruiser Club or Capital Land Cruiser Club – Official website for the DC, VA and MD Capital region’s largest Toyota 4×4 club.. You can post in their Clubhouse forum and ask about a reputable mechanic. I presume that most will recommend OTRAMM, which is about a 2.5 hr drive to VA from Wilmington, DE: OTRAMM Land Cruiser Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom