Need a New Meeting Location..... Hernandez Hideaway! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
I think we might have found a new home. TheTim (Phulcrum) and I had lunch at the Hernandez Hideaway yesterday when 15 Miata's showed for their meeting. The Hernandez Hideaway is on the west side of Lake Hodges. We inquired and they have a separate room area that you can just reserve. They asked if we could get them an approximate headcount before each meeting but otherwise can reserve the room for free and meet there.

Note that the HH doesn't have an awesome beer selection, just bottles. They claim to have invented the Margarita so that is one of their key specialties in addition to a full bar. Their food is excellent, they have a nice ambience, and plenty of parking.

I am going to inquire about a standing reservation for the first Tuesday of each month but let's take the HH for a test drive for October's meeting ono 10/3.

Frank

Last edited:
They closed down the half of the restaurant that had the meeting room due to steep lease increase.

Frank

At least it will be a little closer for those of us in the south. :) It was costing $40 just in gas to drive the cruiser to the meeting after work at just 9MPG and gas at $4.50/gal. This will cut 20 miles from my drive. I guess conversely, it will add 20 for those in Vista. :(

Yeah it's close.

At least it will be a little closer for those of us in the south. :) It was costing $40 just in gas to drive the cruiser to the meeting after work at just 9MPG and gas at $4.50/gal. This will cut 20 miles from my drive. I guess conversely, it will add 20 for those in Vista. :(
Same! It caused us to typically drive the 'rolla instead

Reactions: SCB
I'm starting evening classes soon, so we'll likely be MIA for the meetings. Looking forward to seeing you all for the Anniversary party in July, though!

Good luck with the classes. We'll catch up on the trails!

Frank

Hey Everyone - Just purchased my first FZJ80 (1995) a few months ago and have been slowly fixing it up. Would love to join with like minded enthusiasts. Are there any requirements for membership?

Only requirement is have a Toyota 4x4 and you checked that box! We are planning to move the July meeting to 7/11 to avoid the 4th of July holiday.

Frank

Only requirement is have a Toyota 4x4 and you checked that box! We are planning to move the July meeting to 7/11 to avoid the 4th of July holiday.

Frank
Thanks, Frank! I will try and make the meeting! What time does it start? I think I saw 6:30pm somewhere.....

We usually start gathering around 5-530 for pre-beers and food. Officially we kick of the meeting at 630-ish.

Frank

Good morning, folks!

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Caleb, and I recently completed my military service and moved back to San Marcos with my family. I've always had an interest in joining a Land Cruiser club, but my previous job prevented me from attending meetings. However, now that I have a job with regular hours and schedules, I am excited to finally participate in some club meetings.

I noticed that you all meet in Escondido on the first Tuesday of every month. Due to the 4th of July holiday, the meeting will be held on the 11th of July this time. I plan to attend and am looking forward to meeting some of you. Both my wife and I are enthusiastic Toyota fans, owning a "1978" FJ40 and a stock 2020 SR5 4Runner. In addition to being a full-time helicopter mechanic near the border, I also work as a part-time neighborhood mechanic. If anyone needs assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

My only question for the group is whether Ih8 mud is the sole means of communication or if there is also a Facebook group or any other platform I should monitor?

Regards,

Caleb and Taylor Woods

Meeting tonight at Baps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom