New Meat w/ Steelies!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 62 so needed some new meats, soooo... I bought some 15 X 8 Pro Comp Rock Crawler 97 series steelies (3.75 BS) and stuffed some 34 x 10.5 x 15 Super Swampers LTB's on them. What a complete difference, I love it.

Now I need to get my lift installed so I can take her out and start wheelin'.

I do have the 4 runner calipers on the front and did some grinding on them (quite a bit) and wasn't confortable grinding any more so I just put on a 1/4" spacer on the front and have good clearance.

The suspension is stock (for now) and I know it will rub when it flexes but I have plans to fix that!! :D

So ...

beforetires.jpg

themeat.jpg

aftertires.jpg

Last edited:
I agree on the suspension lift. S-o-o-n.
Looking good:grinpimp:

Are you going to just do a regular 2-4" lift or go SOA?

If you are getting new springs, I am looking for some stockers to go SOA on my 60 and would be interested in your old ones as they look decent in the before pic.

BTW, those LTB's are looking good on the 60! Any little bump and those babies will start self-clearancing pronto.

Oilcan -

The plan is to buy some Dakar heavy springs and go with a OME lift to give me the clearance I need. I haven't started buying them yet, but will soon. After I do, I don't have any plans for these stockers.

Dangggggggg. Get that lift on pronto. Its amazing how in the two shots of your cruiser it looks like a different car, because of the lighting and obviously the meats

Oilcan -

The plan is to buy some Dakar heavy springs and go with a OME lift to give me the clearance I need. I haven't started buying them yet, but will soon. After I do, I don't have any plans for these stockers.

Don't mean to spoil it for Oilcan, but save your stockers. I have had the OME, and now SOA on stockers, no comparison. OMEs will be great if you plan on towing or hauling, but for anything else, skip that step and go SOA. I remember reading people saying this same thing and thinking WTF, but I am on the band wagon now. At least save your stock spring for a year or so...

OR, break the OME in over the next year and then SOA+OME!
I double dog dare ya!:flipoff2:

I have the same wheels, love em'. I did have to put 1/4 spacers on front.

How are the rims holding up? Do you have pics of them? I am thinking of getting the same ones on my 4runner, but I dont know if they will fit....

PIX !!

Same here

I have the same wheels, love em'. I did have to put 1/4 spacers on front.

Can't see the pix but I assume they are the fauxbead desertcrawlers. I also am running these and had to put .25 inch spacers up front (they were barely rubbing the brake calipers) I put spacers on the back too so when I stuffed the tires they wouldn't rub inner fenderwall. Backspace may actually be 3.75 but when they stamp out the holes, it flares out the inside just enough to rub.

repost pics....they are not showing in the first post. I see this an old post but anyway maybe the pics can be reloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom