New Mahindra diesel U.S. truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

their web site says something like "available in 09"

it sure would take an amazing deal to get me in one of these things though

I rode in one in Costa Rica a month or so back. Very boxy looking but it seems to be fine.

mahindra the unknown worth a serious look

mahindra is coming to the states soon and not many people know about them
im an australian and own a 4 door ute by mahindra its 2wd and im very happy with it so far
ive had it since november last year and have only 16000 km up so far
they might not look as good as the other compariable vehicles but beleive me they are a good vehicle
the reason i bought was i could not afford a toyota with compariable features in australia toyotas a quite over priced and way out of my price range
the mahindra fits my 4 points its strong
simple in design rear wheel drive and priced low compared to other vehicles in the same class
i think that the mahindra utes that you will be buying are a bit diffrent to australian models
mine has a 2.6 turbo diesel were as the us models will have the new 2.2 turbo diesel which is supposed to be better than my 2.6 model australian models have 5 speed manuals were as us models will be 6 speed autos
so guys i can recomend them to you as a good vehicle take a look and you might be surprised
regards
honker59:steer:

LOL!

The irony of that being posted on a Land Cruiser forum.

LOL!

:cheers:

Not necessarily. 'Cruiser's are boxy but the Mahindra is even MORE boxy!!

Does anyone know if its true the US will get an auto only?
If its true,its not a good start. I would have thought they would be aiming for a back to basics market rather than playing catch up with whats already out there

I am gonna guess that 80% of the driving population in the USA cannot drive a stick shift.

Does anyone know if its true the US will get an auto only?
If its true,its not a good start. I would have thought they would be aiming for a back to basics market rather than playing catch up with whats already out there

Dan that is a sad statistic and i fear it may be true. When people see that your truck is a manual, they get the most quizzical look on there face.

Dan that is a sad statistic and i fear it may be true. When people see that your truck is a manual, they get the most quizzical look on there face.

I get so many suprised reactions when someone new hops into my truck and realizes, "that's a stick shift?!?!"

I'd buy one of these Mahindras if they came with a 5 speed.

I have no data to back it up other than 8 out of every 10 freinds I have would ride a bicycle or walk if the other choice was drive a stick shift.

If Mahindra has good sales volume and offers a no frills 5 or 6 speed manual version, roll up windows manual locks, option for ac model, they will sell a boatload. Now I am reaching here, but maybe, just MAYBE some other very large manufacturers will see the success of Mahindra and have a moment of clarity : (scratching head" Hey maybe we should bring our no frills diesel powered trucks to north america")

You never know- first they will legalize pot and then who knows what will happen.

I was bloody surprised to see Mahindra oh this site at all... I use them all the time in India, I'm not sure how it will fare in the US... Anyone have an estimate on a price tag?

Snap some pics of yours when you get a chance.

I was bloody surprised to see Mahindra oh this site at all... I use them all the time in India, I'm not sure how it will fare in the US... Anyone have an estimate on a price tag?

We always like to see what we cannot get here in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom