New LX470 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full_Throttle

1985 BJ73 RHD
Threads
Greetings fellow mudders,

I am now moving over to this forum from the 70 series forum. :) I just purchased a 2005 LX 470. 160K miles, lift, 20" wheels and 35" tires and color matched rock sliders. I have quite a bit of research to do but I am excited to be here. I have owned a 40 series, 70 series, as well as a 1999 4Runner so I am no stranger to Toyota.
Here are some pics to get this started. These are the dealership pics.
The air ride parts have all been removed.

LX470-1.jpg

LX470-5.jpg

LX470-2.jpg

LX470-4.jpg

Greetings fellow mudders,

I am now moving over to this forum from the 70 series forum. :) I just purchased a 2005 LX 470. 160K miles, lift, 20" wheels and 35" tires and color matched rock sliders. I have quite a bit of research to do but I am excited to be here. I have owned a 40 series, 70 series, as well as a 1999 4Runner so I am no stranger to Toyota.
Here are some pics to get this started. These are the dealership pics.
The air ride parts have all been removed.

View attachment 2224709
View attachment 2224710
View attachment 2224711
View attachment 2224712

I'd never forget those wheels - Help with decision on this LX470

I was really up in the air about the wheels when I saw the pics on Facebook....In person it looks nice.
It drives fantastic. I am sure the torsion bars are maxed. He pretty much told me so.

Welcome to the 100 series!

I am going to go through all the fluids, go ahead and do the timing belt/water pump. The dealer had some work done to it when he got it. it had been in a fender bender with light front bumper/fender damage so those pieces were replaced...and that explains (at least to me) the color matched sliders.....you are already painting so why not. :)
He also replaced the rack and pinion and an exhaust manifold, as well as some new exhaust. I am not worried about the accident or repaired front end because I am planning on a Slee bumper anyway. It has some light surface rust along the seams of the frame....nothing I haven't seen a thousand times before on any 10+ year old vehicle. The insides of all the doors are rust free as far as I can tell. I need new hood struts as they just barely keep it open. All electronics appear to be in good working order save the folding mirrors...they will fold in but not back out (unless there is a trick that I don't know about to get them back out). Some of the button lights on the right side of the dash do not function so at night you can't see the mirror controls...Very minor things at this point.

Really, for a 15 year old vehicle with 160,000 miles it rides better than our companies' 2015 Toyota Highlander. :)

Here are some Pics I took this morning with it at my house.

IMG-7252.jpg

IMG-7253.jpg

IMG-7254.jpg

IMG-7255.jpg

IMG-7256.jpg

The second pic you posted looks really good on stance, a beauty. I also really like Sand Dollar Pearl. Congrats, welcome to the 100 pages, and looking forward to the build!

CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful rig.

The chrome wheels seem to fit with the sand dollar pearl color. Never would have considered chrome wheels on any 100 to look good but they do in this configuration .

I have a sand dollar and feel matte black plastidip would look better for a low budget quick fix. Liking the color matched sliders!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom