New LX450! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up the new ride on Friday, completely stock, fully locked. 1st order of business after a good cleaning and ditching the mud flaps is new tires, it sat for a long time with 1 flat and it's a little cracked. Maybe a mild lift in the future and from there who knows...
Here a pic with the wife showing off the new keys and another of in its new home.
20170916_141812.jpg

20170915_162243.jpg

I just got one exactly the same color. It was a replacement for my old one. ( See the Fallen Warrior tread). I spent about 6 H today working on her. She is coming along well.

I just got one exactly the same color. It was a replacement for my old one. ( See the Fallen Warrior tread). I spent about 6 H today working on her. She is coming along well.

I checked out the "Fallen" thread, bummer about that but glad it was just material damage. Funny, I was just thinking about serving the throttle cable; that's usually one of the 1st things I do when I get a new (to me) motorcye.

I got a chance to start going over mine on Sunday, meaning I got the buffer out and started polishing the oxidation off the hood and detailing the inside.

I’ve decided it really needs new shocks; it bounces 2-3 times if I jounce it. Does anyone know if I can put longer than OE shocks so I won’t have to buy new ones when I add 1-3 inches of lift?

This is not going to be a DD, but I still want to be able to park in the parking garage on the days when I drive it to work.

As it sits I have 3-4 inches that I can plus-up before I start taking out the pipes in the garage, 1" or so will probably be taken up by new tire when I get them. I'm thinking 285/75s.

OME 2.5" heavy is what I have on mine. I've got bumpers, winch and skid plates. With 315 tires, it is an ideal setup in my opinion. I can still fit my garage.

OME 2.5" heavy is what I have on mine. I've got bumpers, winch and skid plates. With 315 tires, it is an ideal setup in my opinion. I can still fit my garage.

You just described the setup I would like! But I'm not convinced I can fit in the garage. I would love to have a talk with the architects who decided on 6' parking garage heights and maybe call them mean names. Actually, they might have been taller when built; the real low spots are the fire extinguishing pipes that look like they might have been added later.

How high is your lowest point exactly? I can measure my truck and let you know.

1 450
20170919_141912.jpg
+ roof rack and 1 partial coffee cup. I'll try to remember to bring a tape tomorrow. This is the low point in the garage, my truck + ladder rack doesn't fit under this pipe but there's another route that has high pipes.

Over the weekend I blew any chance of fitting into that garage. OME coils and big tires installed; high point on truck unladen is about 82" to top of rack.

Looks great!

Related to your post in the Fall Crawl, thread... it might do well for your to remove your running boards before the event. It won't take much to ding those up pretty good, and look real pretty.

Looks great!

Related to your post in the Fall Crawl, thread... it might do well for your to remove your running boards before the event. It won't take much to ding those up pretty good, and look real pretty.

Ill add it to the list, 1st is new shocks and adjust the LSPV. It handles like poop and brakes worse. I also have slee/Dobinsons castor bushings waiting to be installed. Every nut and bolt has been its own project on this truck; luckily I did a lot of housekeeping when I was installing the coils so the shocks should be a breeze.

easiest solution for the LSPV is to get a piece of 1/8" flat bar to raise the mounting point on the rear axle... this keeps the angle the same as if it were stock height.
You will probably find that the 80 stops like poop as a matter of course when trying to stop those meats.

Hi performance pads with new rotors or 100 pads seam to be the options to make stopping better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom