New Lx for first time 100 series owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy cow that's a steal! Really good find there. Good for you. I would have flown one way cross-country for that.

+1 on the PDR recommendation. The undercarriage is amazing. No rust, no oil, lightly dusted. Really good find. AHC ftw!

What is a PDR? :)

Sweet truck, good deal too! Reminds me that I got to post my new 06 LX too , have a pretty much identical dent on the driver side.

Today we took the LX out to Kitchen Creek/Fred Canyon area and up to a glider port. My wife drove it for the first time,off road, and had a blast. We really enjoyed the AHC for extra clearance and the 4wd Low and 2nd gear gearing for the longer descents. I was very impressed with how the vehicle handles and its so nice to be sitting in luxury too.

The story about buying the vehicle...

Went to meet the seller with my friend and test drove the vehicle. Came back after the test drive and we agreed on price. Seller didn't want to take a deposit and had a meeting later in the day so I had to act quick to grab her. I had $3k cash but needed another ~$7k. There was a local credit union around the corner. The line was super long due to covid entry and I had to wait for 20 minutes, meanwhile the seller had a prior engagement and I was pushing time frames. I grab the cash and cashiers check and go to my car(2012 acura still my dd-love it) and the battery is dead, it won't start. I call the seller and start running to his house about 1.5 mile away. He says that won't work with his time frame picks me up in his new car that he bought(the reason they were selling the lx) and we handled the paperwork at his house.

Meanwhile my friend called roadside assistance for the acura. The guy came out and tried to sell me a battery off his truck at marked up prices. Took the lx to an autozone 5 min away and replaced it. I realized I forget the maintenance records at the sellers house and arranged to pick them up right then. When I came back the sellers wife(the driver of the car) came out and said goodbye to her baby.

Memorable day!

20200711_085109.jpg

20200711_085130.jpg

20200711_085201.jpg

20200712_133904.jpg

Awesome story and price! Congrats, you're gonna love it. Looks to be some dried coolant on that bell housing, make sure you keep it topped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom