New Lx for first time 100 series owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 2006 Lx470 pearl white with grey interior. My first exploration into the 100 series (and first suv). So so excited the ride home was dreamy. Maintained at lexus every 5k-10k service intervals. The interior is in in good condition and the exterior shines. Can't believe it's a 14 year old vehicle. Taking it out on some locally trails this weekend. Planning on keeping it stock except tires and will probably change suspension once ahc gives problems but I really enjoy the ahc so far. 211k miles picked up for $9700 in San Diego. The market seems to be really strong here - lasted 1 day. From what I've read the amp needs to be replaced (no sound but Bluetooth works as does nav). Little dent front quarter panel but probably not as bad as I'll eventually do to it. On my phone not sure if pics will come through.
20200709_155521.jpg

20200709_144602.jpg

Seems to be a pretty decent find. Good for you.

Wow that's a great deal for an 06, contact a paintless dent removal guy and he should be able to get most of that dent out for you. Has it been a CA truck all its life? How's the undercarriage look?

Wow that's a great deal for an 06, contact a paintless dent removal guy and he should be able to get most of that dent out for you. Has it been a CA truck all its life? How's the undercarriage look?

Yes it has been in socal its whole life and has not been off road per the seller and from what I could tell as well. That's a good idea on the dent, thank you I was so excited about the bones of the truck and seems like every picture I take has the dent in it haha. This was a dd for the seller it seemed they went through brakes often(at least compared to my fwd acura) What's a normal interval for front /rear brakes going- off memory of the records but seems they are having to do them every 20-25k. I'll get some more pics shortly. Going on some local trails Sunday can not wait.

It doesn't cost much to make that truck look good, do an AHC sensor lift, remove the running boards, add some nice beefy tires and some bora/spidertracks spacers and you're good to go.

49391247057_823575a4ee_h.jpg

First things first, baseline all the fluids, so you can keep a track of what's been done, very inexpensive to do and you get to know your truck. Replace the heater tees as well, and you should go get your AHC pressure checked. A good neutral pressure will prolong the life of the system, you overwork those globes and they'll burst sooner than later.

It doesn't cost much to make that truck look good, do an AHC sensor lift, remove the running boards, add some nice beefy tires and some bora/spidertracks spacers and you're good to go.

49391247057_823575a4ee_h.jpg

First things first, baseline all the fluids, so you can keep a track of what's been done, very inexpensive to do and you get to know your truck. Replace the heater tees as well, and you should go get your AHC pressure checked. A good neutral pressure will prolong the life of the system, you overwork those globes and they'll burst sooner than later.
Great advice, thank you. What tires are those they look great.

Great advice, thank you. What tires are those they look great.

They are Wrangler Duratracs, 275/70/18....another very popular tire would be BFG KO2 in the same size, however they are 5lbs heavier per tire, and they rode a little stiffer. I had them on before but switched to duratracs recently, offroad KO2 would have more sidewall protection.

They are Wrangler Duratracs, 275/70/18....another very popular tire would be BFG KO2 in the same size, however they are 5lbs heavier per tire, and they rode a little stiffer. I had them on before but switched to duratracs recently, offroad KO2 would have more sidewall protection.
They look great, really nice. Thanks for heads up on the differneces, I was looking at those 2 tire choices but can't visually recognize them yet by their tread pattern. I would probably want something more suited for road, so I may look into duratracs. I also want white sidewall lettering for some reason :) The white pearl paint is amazing.

They look great, really nice. Thanks for heads up on the differneces, I was looking at those 2 tire choices but can't visually recognize them yet by their tread pattern. I would probably want something more suited for road, so I may look into duratracs. I also want white sidewall lettering for some reason :) The white pearl paint is amazing.

dude, sick truck and great find. Really stoked and slightly jelous of your find. A truck like that is a prime target to get swooped by those Toyota resellers at mirimar Motorsports. Anyways. If you’re trying to stay budget the falken at3w’s are a smoking deal...try to hold off till Labor Day
And the bigger chains have some solid deals. 275/70/18 is a good all around size for on road and off.

Hey thanks a lot! Ya I noticed they get quite a few of 4runner/gx/land cruisers at Miramar Motorpsorts and seem to lift them and put wheels/tires and sell for $20k+. I coun'dt wait on the tires and went with 285-65-18 Ko2s today. I also didn't really want to buy from a dealer no offense to anyone but ya. Here are some pics of the rear wheel wells and chassis, haven't got great photos underneath yet but so far so good. Need to find a good place to get the AHC pressure checked , next on the list.

dude, sick truck and great find. Really stoked and slightly jelous of your find. A truck like that is a prime target to get swooped by those Toyota resellers at mirimar Motorsports. Anyways. If you’re trying to stay budget the falken at3w’s are a smoking deal...try to hold off till Labor Day
And the bigger chains have some solid deals. 275/70/18 is a good all around size for on road and off.

20200710_181955.jpg

20200710_174516.jpg

20200710_174510.jpg

20200710_174552.jpg

Nice! Undercarriage looks good

Yes great deal. Correct color as well ;)

I'm partial to 305s!!

Wow that frame is clean! Nice find, +1 spacers and 70 series tires will have her sitting well.

my 06 with 60k less on the clock looks terrible in comparison, southern cars ftw

Insane deal. Congrats

Congrats on the great find. I spent months looking for a 06-07 LX and finally found mine in Burbank, but I paid $20K. I was hoping you might be changing wheel since mine came with 20" bling wheels and I am looing for a set of stock wheels. I have a long history of 4WD vehicles that started with a 1947 CJ2A when I was 15 and progressed through several Boncos, Jeeps and various trucks. We have had our LX up to Big Bear and Idlewild. So far it has done great in the rocks and soft sand. Headed to the Sierras for a week to see how it handles some of the trails up there.

Think I saw that one. Looks like he gave $150.00 off asking price 😅 . I recommend adding to Lexus database for idea of things that may be deferred / needed. I remember seeing at least a few things I’d want to address. Or maybe not if using for a trailer rig. Welcome to the addiction.

Keeping the stock wheels for now but there is a lx on Craigslist San Diego they are parting out. I called today (to see if the have ml amp mine is not working - known issue prior to buying) they have the wheels on that one for $350 with good tread life per Salomon who I spoke to. 619-216-6012 good luck and thank you! Congrats on your new ride as well. I've got 10 hrs into detailing the interior and removing the running boards. Got registered up yesterday at AAA.

Congrats on the great find. I spent months looking for a 06-07 LX and finally found mine in Burbank, but I paid $20K. I was hoping you might be changing wheel since mine came with 20" bling wheels and I am looing for a set of stock wheels. I have a long history of 4WD vehicles that started with a 1947 CJ2A when I was 15 and progressed through several Boncos, Jeeps and various trucks. We have had our LX up to Big Bear and Idlewild. So far it has done great in the rocks and soft sand. Headed to the Sierras for a week to see how it handles some of the trails up there.
I

Think I saw that one. Looks like he gave $150.00 off asking price 😅 . I recommend adding to Lexus database for idea of things that may be deferred / needed. I remember seeing at least a few things I’d want to address. Or maybe not if using for a trailer rig. Welcome to the addiction.

You are totally correct I was plugging in all vin on lexus to review. The last time it was in the check engine light went on and tech said the leak detection pump failed and rec replacing that and vacuum valve and hoses. When I showed up there was no check engine light and owner put on 100 or so miles. I drove it with no light coming on and it passed smog no problem so I'm not sure if it was a gas cap thing or something. The timing belt, all brakes, repacked wheel bearings, front right cv boot, radiator assembly were all done about 20k miles ago ($4600 at the dealership). I am going to flush the ahc and just for peace of mind. I'll upload some undercarriage photos soon and post the story of buying the car - it's kinda a unique one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom