New lock cylinders for the 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1592468816592.jpeg

@ToyotaMatt I'm going to pull my rear hatch cylinder again just so I can make sure I can grab some photos and figure out exactly whats wrong with it before give you a call. Thinking about it some more there's a possibility the cylinder is just gummed up and the key isn't working, that plus my FJ62 has been repaint at least 2 times so many when they removed the cylinder they lose the TIT and tab. But, we'll see, still will be calling you either way.

a quick update and bizzare facts TECH too ........

around 3 weeks ago i was doing my usual part numbers KEY punching in numerical sequence order , and stumbled upon these in Lithuania the former CCCP state or Soviet era , what ever ?

now a free westernized country i think ?

well who cares about all that FAQ , what matters to all my 60/ 62 and 40 series MUD folks is after contacting the source of a very bizarre online
auction site , i was able to secure a USG green lid 1 gallon Sheetrock MUD bucket of these shipped 72 hour DHL to my shop , and for a very fair price point too , that i am able to pass along ...............you get what im trying to say here i think ............. :rolleyes:

the sellers name was URIE :D

and i now posses maybe the last or most or both of TOYOTA's First Generation Black top key blanks part # 90999-00106 w/68 Prothctor on top

, per the denotes in the micro fiche description , #68 refers to simply black top key blanks , these are also the same TR-33 profile blanks

for ALL land cruisers 1973-FJ62 1990 ,

in my world this is Huge , more then even well a trendy Holy Sniper kit that's what ! 🤣

so , here they are , NLA / Disc. 90999-00106 NOS blanks ...........

i like them , but that's jsut me , very Michal J FOX 1985 back to the future hover board in my eyes , and well kool is all in the eyses of the

beholder , so if CHEEZE is your vote , respect that too ..............

lets get a gauge feel , let everyone know if there yea or Nay , if you dont mind

thanks
matt

F31755B4-C2A1-4E9D-938A-2D77243CA659.jpeg

.png

75A00A68-8C85-4B69-AF6A-AA0296338F92.jpeg

766ACCD4-A27B-4158-830A-CABE2A64CFC9.jpeg

this i one way i narrowed down the factory part # , see 69503A call out #

note : the EUROPE spec. detonation as well

1598530300326.png

1598530622328.png

I have a first-world problem: the springloaded dust cover 'door' over my driver's door keyslot no longer shuts - it flops around. I presume there is a tiny spring inside that keeps this shut until the key pushes it open. Is this serviceable in any way, if I remove the lock cylinder?

a quick update and bizzare facts TECH too ........

around 3 weeks ago i was doing my usual part numbers KEY punching in numerical sequence order , and stumbled upon these in Lithuania the former CCCP state or Soviet era , what ever ?

now a free westernized country i think ?

well who cares about all that FAQ , what matters to all my 60/ 62 and 40 series MUD folks is after contacting the source of a very bizarre online
auction site , i was able to secure a USG green lid 1 gallon Sheetrock MUD bucket of these shipped 72 hour DHL to my shop , and for a very fair price point too , that i am able to pass along ...............you get what im trying to say here i think ............. :rolleyes:

the sellers name was URIE :D

and i now posses maybe the last or most or both of TOYOTA's First Generation Black top key blanks part # 90999-00106 w/68 Prothctor on top

, per the denotes in the micro fiche description , #68 refers to simply black top key blanks , these are also the same TR-33 profile blanks

for ALL land cruisers 1973-FJ62 1990 ,

in my world this is Huge , more then even well a trendy Holy Sniper kit that's what ! 🤣

so , here they are , NLA / Disc. 90999-00106 NOS blanks ...........

i like them , but that's jsut me , very Michal J FOX 1985 back to the future hover board in my eyes , and well kool is all in the eyses of the

beholder , so if CHEEZE is your vote , respect that too ..............

lets get a gauge feel , let everyone know if there yea or Nay , if you dont mind

thanks
matt

View attachment 2417646

COOL FACTOR ALERT! Oh man I want a pair....

I have a first-world problem: the springloaded dust cover 'door' over my driver's door keyslot no longer shuts - it flops around. I presume there is a tiny spring inside that keeps this shut until the key pushes it open. Is this serviceable in any way, if I remove the lock cylinder?

YES your shutter door is repairable using 100% oem toyota NOS lock and key service parts :cool:

DSCN9898.JPG
DSCN9900.JPG
DSCN9901.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom