New load range availability BFG KO2 285/70/17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudmates,

I just bought 4 BFG AT KO2's in 285/70/17 load range C. These were only available in the past in Load range E. The specs are as follows

LT285/70/17E weight is 58 lbs 3195 lbs rating at 80 PSI

P285/70/17C weight is 50 lbs 2755 lbs rating at 50 PSI

I love the fact that i am saving 10% overall rotational weight (wheel and tire was 82 lbs and will no be 74lbs with rock warrior wheels) this will equal better performance, braking and ride quality. (currently feel every crack in the road even at my current 35psi tire pressure)

The only downsides are that they are not any cheaper ($250) and they do not come in raised white lettering. I am taking off these tires in load range E (70%) and putting them on craigslist.

Now if i can come up with a way to paint the lettering.

They should arrive on Friday or Saturday and i will report back when i get a few miles on them

TLC Dan

That's awesome they are now available in C! I'd probably still opt for an E rated though due to better durability off-road, personally.. But that is a decision based on how you primarily use your truck.

Do the C series have a 3ply sidewall?

They advertise the product as having 3ply sidewall. I am sure all KO2's come with 3 play sidewall or they would be guilty of false advertising and we know that is not likely going to happen.

As it turns out, this is the OE tire for 2018 Jeep Rubicon.........

That means you’ll be able to find them cheap as “Take-offs”

Can you tell me exactly what are "take-offs"? Just found some for my 200 for $740 shipped. I was surprised to find that Tire-Rack recommended the C load instead of the E load for the 200.

It's when somebody buys a new vehicle, then "Takes off" the tires (or wheels) immediately after for some bigger tires or blingier wheels. C-Load LT tires have a higher load capacity than the OE tires and are appropriate for many folks.

It's when somebody buys a new vehicle, then "Takes off" the tires (or wheels) immediately after for some bigger tires or blingier wheels. C-Load LT tires have a higher load capacity than the OE tires and are appropriate for many folks.
Thanks. Well you nailed it way back in February 2018. There is a seller on eBay with tons of KO2 "take-offs" in 285-70-17, which is a pretty handy size, for $740 shipped!

Link:

EDIT: I think they are coming off Jeep Rubicons maybe?

Yes, OE tire for 2018 Rubicon.

Thanks. Well you nailed it way back in February 2018. There is a seller on eBay with tons of KO2 "take-offs" in 285-70-17, which is a pretty handy size, for $740 shipped!

Link:

EDIT: I think they are coming off Jeep Rubicons maybe?
I went to their website, I wonder if they would make a deal for a set of 5 if you pick it up locally instead of them shipping a set of 4 like the listing above.

I went to their website, I wonder if they would make a deal for a set of 5 if you pick it up locally instead of them shipping a set of 4 like the listing above.
Click "Contact Seller" in the bay listing and try to ask them.

That the new Rubi gets these is good news. Makes buying 17s much more feasible. I'll bet you could contact a local Jeep dealer and tell the service mgr to keep an eye out for a set... and get a call later that day.

This is what im currently running and it's a bit lighter than my previous set of 305/65/18 E's...

Is this the only KO2 size that comes in a C?

This is what im currently running and it's a bit lighter than my previous set of 305/65/18 E's...

Is this the only KO2 size that comes in a C?
I think I heard they make a 315 in a C. They made it at the request of Ford, for the Raptor.

TRDcorola,
You could probably sell the 32's for about what you can get the 33 C's for and enjoy all the benefits of the larger and lighter tire for the next 40K miles.......

TRDcorola,
You could probably sell the 32's for about what you can get the 33 C's for and enjoy all the benefits of the larger and lighter tire for the next 40K miles.......
I talked myself out of that scenario yesterday... now i'm thinking about it again, thanks! :doh:

I think I heard they make a 315 in a C. They made it at the request of Ford, for the Raptor.

Just looked it up, yep 315/70/17, they are 65lbs damnnnnn. My 285/70/17 weighs 50 lbs, and extra 30mm of width weighs 15lbs more?

Just looked it up, yep 315/70/17, they are 65lbs damnnnnn. My 285/70/17 weighs 50 lbs, and extra 30mm of width weighs 15lbs more?
Well, its more than just width because 70% of 315 is taller than 70% of 285, and that 30 mm of width wraps all the way around that taller tire, which now also has more sidewall.

At the same time, I wouldn't necessarily trust those published tire weights as exact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom