new lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what are the touque specs when installing a new lift kit? it is a ccot HFS kit. thanks 4 the help

You should do a search on this site. There is a lot iof information on lifts. You see people experiances with different lifts. The Sky Jacker seems to have the better reviews. The kit should come with specific instructions. Are you referring to the shackels, shocks or what?

u bole shackle spring hanger, i got it all now, thanks and sorry

Don't be sorry. The people in this forum have been very patient and happy to help people learn. Owning a cruiser at your age is a great opportunity for you to not only own a classic vehicle, but to learn about how a vehicle works. You can't do that with new vehicles. Too much electronics, you have to take it to a shop.

Good Luck!

i got all of the suspinsion parts off and everything on but the shackles i wasw hoping what a "snug" torque is. a freind bent a shackle by torquing the bolt too much and too lose scares me from falling out or wobbling. thanks for all the help.

If you're worried about them falling off, slop on some blue loctite.
I was as well, and overtightened them resulting in sheared poly bushings.

Tres,
Not only do you not want to overtighten because of ruining the bushings, but if they are too tight, the shackles won't swing, which is what they are there to do. I overtightened mine at first, and it made a nice improvement in the ride when I backed off. I have mine double-nutted (interesting term!), but do whatever works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom