New Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just sharing because I am so happy to be off old sagging springs!

1" over stock OME Anti-inversion greasable shackles + OME Dakkar springs (front/med, rear,heavy)

KYB shocks (front/stand, rear/hd)

33x12.5 ProComp Xterrains on stock rims

Last edited:
Dang man. That's nice. Are you sure thats only 1 inch over stock. My truck's springs are flat. That just looks way up there.

I just posted that one should not run 12 inch wide tires on a factory rim, but what do I know. Are yours showing any signs of unusual wear or sidewall flex.

1" over stock OME Anti-inversion greasable shackles + OME Dakkar springs (front/med, rear,heavy) = roughly 4" of total lift

No unusual signs of ware yet.. just finished the lift Friday. My mechanic buddy didnt say anything about the width of the rim.

What tend to be the issues with 12.5s on stock rims. Searched around and didnt see anything but, an curiouse.

Lifted, lifted, that's not lifted. THIS is lifted!!!!

picture.JPG

Just kidding. Nice looking rig. Thanks for the post.

Tom

True True in comparison!!

I watched your build...very very sick! Much props... that thing is gonna kick some a$$.

Next plans include a 4x4labs rear bumper, an arb in the rear, and 62 thrids.

yeah careful if they are stock sized rims. i think stock rims are only 6" wide. it is recommended that you have at least 8.5" wide rims for 12.5" wide tires. most people just run 8" though.

Now ya'll gave me a little worried... is it dangerouse to run a 12.5 on a stock rim if it is in deed 15x6?

dtrain said:
Now ya'll gave me a little worried... is it dangerouse to run a 12.5 on a stock rim if it is in deed 15x6?

don't worry i don't thinnk i'll be a problem. here in my country everybody runs 33x12.5 on stock rims with any troubles. and i haven't seen any problems with my buddies rigs.

what about the KYB's do you like'em? what model are they? it's an interesting combination. all though nice rig, looking realy sweet!!!! :beer:

Good to know....

I like the KYDs in the rear. The ride, even with the Dakkar heavy's in the rear, is really nice. I have not experianced this really terrible ride some have talked about. Maybe its due to the shocks. Not sure.

The front seems to bounce a little so, I am thinking of putting the same in front as the ones in the rear. I will see if I can find you the model #s.

Thanks for the props! :beer: :D

nice ride man! thats sweet!!

did you have to get extended brake lines or anything else? 4" lift is exactly what i want and i was going to go ome and install it myself.

its been mentioned somewhere if ya get the stock/light suspension, its an easy upgrade to heavy with add-a-leaf. is this correct? are the add-a-leaf ome or generic?

dtrain said:

I dont know if its dangerous but I sure wouldnt do it. For one, you will get a ton of sidewall roll on the road making for a sloppy handling truck, and you may dome the tire in terms of wear. 12.50s work great on a 8in rim. If you want to keep the stock ones, go with a 9.50 or 10.50.

dtrain said:

People do it all the time, it's not dangerous at all. You're running a RADIAL tire, right? If it were bias ply it would be worse, but there's nothing wrong with running a big tire on a skinny rim.

Some folks call them the 'poor man's bead lock' because your combinatino of fat tire/skinny rim will allow you to air down more than you could with a wider rim selection.

Don't worry one bit. There's nothing wrong with that set up.

some folks PREFER a wider rim, but all the hard data I've gleaned from people who deal with tires day in and day out has lead me to believe that as long as your tire guy can get them to seat correctly on the rim, you can run just about any tire on any rim.

DTrain -

Nice 60. I love the two tone, very clean.
Did you install the lift yourself? If so any tips that would help.
If you do not mind me asking, how much did all the parts set you back?

Again, very nice 60.
Thanks
Chris

Kon -
Thanks much, been waiting a long time to do this lift!! Rides so much better. From what I understand, the lift springs will provide around 2-3"s of lift. I added 1" over stock OME greasable anti-inversion shackles to bring it close to 4". AND, switched the front with the rear shackles (front is shorter then the rear) to level out the rig.

We did extend the brakeline but not with SS. Went with standard line. Dont remember how long but, I think we just doubled it and put a rubberband on the extra for now.

Check out this thread started when I was doing my install. I had a few questions and some awesome feedback/help (this forum ROCKS!)

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=62547&highlight=installing

stinkyfj60 - I dont notice a lot of roll but, then again, I dont really have anything to compare it to except a set of 29s and some warn to hell stock sprigs. I have been keeping tabs on the portions of the tire making contact with the road and everything seems to be okay right now. Will keep an eye out though. Thanks for the info!

Doc -
For sure running a radial.

Thanks for the reassurance!! After I just spent all these bucks, I was begginning to question all my research!!

Not at all. One of the first things I checked. Kinda feels like my turning radius got better!

You said that you have not been on the trail yet. Have you tryed to flex it at all. By the way your rig looks way cool!

ahhhh... Trying to do that this weekend. Or at the least get to my local supermarketing loading doc!

Looks great.

Borla pipe looks sharp too. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom