New Lexus Owner - hot cali chick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I picked up the Lexus I didn't want to post a driveway pick. I took a picture worth posting last night. Factory lockers will definately take you a long way - but I think I need at least 33's to finish this climb, and probably 3" and 33's would be better.

Oh, and I'm not a hot cali chick, but judging from the views on Lindsey's thread, I thought that might get more people to look.

Last edited:
Hey!!! don't mention hot and cali without having a decent picture of your rack.

Last edited:
That is a pretty sweet photo though.

HaHaHa - nice photo anyway. Pics of wife or gf are required with an intro like that! Post'm up!

I knew this one was a bait and switch tag! All the hot Cali chicks have moved to Oregon!

Nice rig BTW.

Fly Rod

Congrats on getting the rig home. Mine looked like at one time ;)

Welcome.

That is also what mine looked like.

Now go to the year & model poll, & run up the 97 w/ panties #'s.

it's true that all Lexus owners are :princess: s, but I don't know about "hot"....!

Fly Rod said:
I knew this one was a bait and switch tag! All the hot Cali chicks have moved to Oregon!

Nice rig BTW.

Fly Rod

Thats funny. I suffered through 3 years of "hot" Eugene chicks, hairy legs, armpits and patuly oil.

Cary

Nice rig. Lift and 33's would be great. If you intend on doing terrain like that, sliders are a must. Otherwise, this could happen to you (Not me)

BTW - this is the photo I showed my wife before I got them.
whysliders2.jpg

Romer said:
Nice rig. Lift and 33's would be great. If you intend on doing terrain like that, sliders are a must. Otherwise, this could happen to you (Not me)

That pic is hard to see, makes me cringe. :eek:

Romer said:

Thanks.

I'm building my own sliders - I've gotton as far as the first mounting bracket and no further - 100+ deg days really reduce my willingness to work in the garage - and splitting time between the new rig and the old rig (the 40) is rough. Eventually the 40 will go bye bye and the Lexus will grow with the influx of cash.

hijack - Showed my wife similar pics of damage Romer posted - tried to scare her into letting me buy slee sliders.

She simply said, well, you won't be going over anything like that so you don't have to worry about it!

mmmmm Must take different route to buying sliders!!

offjack -

Welcome! Sweet rig! I have to agree with you Walking Eagle - that is a much better picture than a driveway shot!!!

Derek

Harridig said:
...mmmmm Must take different route to buying sliders!!

Try the "extra protection for occupants in a side impact" argument. It worked for my wife :D With a 2" lift, the sliders will sit right at or just above the average car's bumper height.

Here's a thread to help argue your point too ;)

The cost of the sliders is usually much less than the cost of rocker panel repair...

Try the "extra protection for occupants in a side impact" argument

This one worked for me as well. Scaring the wife into letting you buy stuff for your rig is always the best way. I also got a Hanna Rear bumper w/tire carrier, a Slee Transfer Skid plate, and an ARB front bumper out of it with it.

Harridig said:
mmmmm Must take different route to buying sliders!!

Derek

Use the story Dan related to me right after he put his on. Came out of a store and noticed a nice nick in his brand new powdercoated sliders. Was :censor: for a moment and then realized that if whatever door hit the slider hard enough to nick the powdercoating off, just think of what it did to the fawker's door!

If you have OEM running boards, you could always take my route - go out on your first rock trail, trash the running boards w/o trashing the rocker panels (that's important), tell the wife that Toyota has discontinued the OEM boards ( :censor: :D -it's true) and that sliders are the only alternative you have. hehehe :D

BTW - no story will work on the wife if they don't understand the addiction to begin with.

Biff said:
That pic is hard to see, makes me cringe. :eek:

Biff - that's what your rocker panels, door, etc. would have looked like in addition to your missing flare w/o your sliders. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom