New Leaf Springs - 2 1/2" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

I'm considering replacing my springs since they are pretty much flat and embarassingly saggy. Cost is a factor since I've had to dump some money into repairs and I need new tires after replacing springs. I've been looking at the MAF 2 1/2" safari lift (said to be a replica of Old man emu), and just read about a brand called Hell Creek Suspension that has some pretty good prices and is apparently evenly matched with the skyjacker lift. Just curious if anyone has had experience with these or others that won't bleed me dry. Keep in mind I'm not getting this ready for rock crawling. My little girls and wife keep me from doing anything too crazy wheeling. I just want a modest lift just higher than stock that will level it up and get rid of the sag. I do go to the hills alot but I'd like a good on road ride.

Picture of my LC is here:
http://www.englandhouseplans.com/fj55/fj40.htm

thanks in advance

I have a Belton 2 1/2" lift and it's great. It rides nice and is not too expensive. It came with all new suspension pins, bushings, shackles, leafs, and shocks for $1600 Canadian.

the BDS kit is good quality, modestly priced, and warranteed for lifr. Alternately ccot and tpi sel o" lift replacement springs for cheap that might lift your rig just a little by getting rid of sag...Alan

Jake, my cruiser is almost a carbon copy of yours! I thought I was looking at my own truck in your photo. Except my toddlers are teenagers now. :)

I spent a few hours over at Pirate http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=70ffef6ea9a90fe658d3496c3094c6c9&forumid=11 searching for springs. I found a lot of positive feedback on Skyjackers and they're available locally so no shipping charge. I'm confused about price though. A complete spring set will cost me ~$350. A set of polycarbonate bushings is ~$25. All that's left is longer u-bolts, so how do the mail-order outfits justify $650 + shipping for a lift kit?

Also, find out if your shocks have enough travel to accomodate the new springs. You may have to replace them also.

Thanks guys. I'll check loclly for skyjacker. I was leaning toward Man-a-fre because the whole kit with new bushings, new shocks, new shackles and u-bolts is $625. But I would have over $100 in shipping charges. Too bad I don't live in CA. I'll have to price out skyjacker once I obtain the other components and see how it compares.
Theo, if you are still looking 4wheelparts.com had free shipping until last fri. on skyjacker lifts. I Should have done it last week I guess. Thanks for the help.

4wheelparts.com always has free shipping every couple of weeks on stuff....you just need to keep checking back...like i looked a few weeks ago at SS LTB's and they had free shipping but i had no money...but if i check again right now...hang on click...load....they have free shipping AGAIN till the 28th :D but still no money :mad:...damit oh well...maybe be in a couple more weeks :D...i have give up on buying lift springs i am going straight to SOA heheh...but i got an extra set of complete axles and springs for free to play with so i am gonna build those up and then just have to unbolt the old...weld some new mounts on the frame, drill a hole in the frame...put the new steering box on...new drive shafts...ok ok so it's not really BOLT up but it will be worth it i think... :D :D

Mavric1298,
did you put on your new springs? Just curious about the noticable differences from stock to aftermarket springs. Will it beat the heck out of me on asphalt? Just wondering I spoke to someone that had replaced their springs who mentioned they were really rough.

They were a little stiff, but not too bad. You are switching to a lift spring which has to be stiffer, so you should expect a little bit worse of on road ride, but its not bad. And yes, i put them on myself...if that was what you were asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom