New LC200 TCU tune? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for shops or anyone with experience flashing or tuning the TCU on a new 200. I have a 2021 and if has to have the worst transmission computer of any car I've ever owned. It downshifts while on cruise 3 gears, cuts power under accel and is always hunting for gears. Anyone have any ideas? I know there are guys doing it to the AUS diesels, but anything for the gas tranny?

Wow - I have not had these issues even on 34s with stock gearing. What wheel / tire configuration are you running?
34s on stock BBS. It's a computer issue. It's not a power problem. If you are on cruise, and LOWER your speed, it will drop 3 gears and hold the engine are 5000 rpm!

It will also lose power when accelerating from a stop sign and just drop to an idle in the middle of an intersection.

This sounds like it should be covered under any warranty work. I'd take it to the dealership first and replicate the problem for them so they fix it for free.

I didn’t experience anything like this in my ‘13 or ‘16. I’d take it back to Ed Martin.

I would try some old school tricks: give everything a chance to reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.

Drive it for a few days for everything to re-learn. If issues persist after that, then it goes back to the dealer

I would try some old school tricks: give everything a chance to reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.

Drive it for a few days for everything to re-learn. If issues persist after that, then it goes back to the dealer
Yeah did that. Had dual batteries installed so the battery was disconnected for hours. Still the same. I have a video but not sure I can upload it

It’s either related to your big tires (or some other mods you have) OR it is a factory defect in the transmission (and/or software). My basically stock 2019 LC (with stock sized tires) do not do any of that.

What tires do you have? Are they BIG and HEAVY?

If it is Ed Martin, then good…they can take care of you. BUT if it is any other dealership, then they will blame everything on your big tires…which may mean you going back to stock tires.

It’s either related to your big tires (or some other mods you have) OR it is a factory defect in the transmission (and/or software). My basically stock 2019 LC (with stock sized tires) do not do any of that.

If it is Ed Martin, then good…they can take care of you. BUT if it is any other dealership, then they will blame everything on your big tires…which may mean you going back to stock tires.
It's going to EM to figure it out. They installed the tires so they won't blame that. If I have to go back stock, I'll sell it haha.

It's going to EM to figure it out. They installed the tires so they won't blame that. If I have to go back stock, I'll sell it haha.
What tires do you have? Did EM re-gear? What lift you have? Any other armor you have that is heavy?

What tires do you have? Did EM re-gear? What lift you have? Any other armor you have that is heavy?

They did not regear. Spacer lift.

What would that have to do with the transmission dropping 3 gears when you tell it to SLOW down?

They did not regear. Spacer lift.

What would that have to do with the transmission dropping 3 gears when you tell it to SLOW down?
Just wondering. Something is screwing up the transmission’s shift logic. What tires do you have? What size? 34”?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom