New LC owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3be89374.jpg

I picked this up from a fellow Mud member last week. It's been Slee'd, diff drop, sliders, skids, rear bumper, dual batts, ARB front bumper and lockers, 4.88 gears, etc. The LC has 62k and should still be covered by a Toyota warrantee since it the previous owner had a bought it from the dealer with certified 100k warrantee.

Both front axle CV boots are leaking. Will Toyota cover the repair even though the LC was lifted and the diff was lowered? My previous rig was an 07 JKU. Warrantee work from a Jeep dealer was always a hit miss once the Jeep was modified. Some dealers were great, others not so much. Thanks.

Dude.. . . you scored!

Welcome! :flipoff2:

Beautiful rig. If I could have found one that clean and well built on here last year when I was looking, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Be sure to add vehicle year and mods to your signature line for quick reference in case you ever need anyone to help you troubleshoot the rig. Again, welcome! :cheers:

Both front axle CV boots are leaking. Will Toyota cover the repair even though the LC was lifted and the diff was lowered?

I had mine repaired by Lexus under CPO warranty. They said that they would do it one time only--as a curtesy--because my truck was modified. I didn't debate the issue, since they did take care of the CV boots. We'll see if it happens again on how the dialog will go...

and congrats on a great looking rig! :cheers:

I had a lifted LC with leaky boots and they were repaired under the powertrain warranty. This is after some back and forth on them not being covered even though the website clearly states boots are included. It was Gulf Coast Toyota Certified vehicle and they had in tiny print that boots were not covered. I called a Toyota USA and all of sudden the boots were covered. They did not even mention the lift.

Toyota Certified Used Warranty

Same dealer also covered my front diff explosion on my 99 under the powertrain warranty. Truck was lifted, with 285s, an ARB front bumper and covered in mud.

Congrats. Looks great!

I would not expect Toyota to cover the leaky boots. But really no harm done as long as most of the grease is still there. I would just reband the boots.

Has anyone found out a way to reband without pulling the axle? Haven't looked but would e nice to know.

I carefully scored the existing band with a cut-off wheel near the buckle and then gently pried till the bands broke loose. Then installed new bands. Didn't need to pull the axle. I don't think I even jacked the LX up. AHC HI mode!

That is a great looking rig! It would be even more awesome if you had the newer 2nd generation Slee rear bumper with dual swing-outs.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/images/100_series/rear_bumper_dual/fullsize/uzj100_01.jpg

Tell you what...Since you are new and I am in a good mood, I will purchase the older 1st generation Slee rear bumper off of you. This will allow you to upgrade to the new spiffier 2nd generation bumper without spending very much money. Imagine having an awesome ladder...with an awesome jerry can holder on it. Makes your head want to blow up with happiness right? Let me know....

Holy Crap

That is a nice gesture!! It always amazes me what mud members will do to help each other.:clap:

That is a great looking rig! It would be even more awesome if you had the newer 2nd generation Slee rear bumper with dual swing-outs.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/images/100_series/rear_bumper_dual/fullsize/uzj100_01.jpg

Tell you what...Since you are new and I am in a good mood, I will purchase the older 1st generation Slee rear bumper off of you. This will allow you to upgrade to the new spiffier 2nd generation bumper without spending very much money. Imagine having an awesome ladder...with an awesome jerry can holder on it. Makes your head want to blow up with happiness right? Let me know....

My head wants to blow up just thinking of the shipping charges...

f5driver said:
My head wants to blow up just thinking of the shipping charges...

I'd pay shipping charges. You just put that outdated bumper on a pallet bound for the ATL and start thinking happy double rainbow thoughts about your soon to be delivered shiny new Gen 2 Slee awesomeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom