New Land Cruiser Shortages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was helping a buddy look for his next LC 200 , seems most dealers have a Heritage but Base models are more illusive to fined right now I seen in the Japanese times the Plant that produces the Land Cruiser has be plagued with shut downs due to Covid 19 .
I’m in the PA / NJ area , have you guys seen shortages in your area‘s ?

Eric Sarjeant posted about this earlier in the year. Whatever is on lots now is what's left of the 2020s. 2021s are just hitting the ground now. It makes sense to me that stocks would be low.

To answer your direct question, there are always very few new Land Cruisers locally (in Vermont). We have a 20 heritage in the state, but they want more than I can order a 21 heritage for, so it is a non starter as far as I'm concerned.

If you are able and willing to travel, Eric Sarjeant at Ed Martin Toyota in Indiana is the guy to go to. Last time we chatted, he had some '21 base models inbound that were not yet presold.

So, HE is sitting on lot while Base model is getting sold?

Eric Sarjeant posted about this earlier in the year. Whatever is on lots now is what's left of the 2020s. 2021s are just hitting the ground now. It makes sense to me that stocks would be low.

To answer your direct question, there are always very few new Land Cruisers locally (in Vermont). We have a 20 heritage in the state, but they want more than I can order a 21 heritage for, so it is a non starter as far as I'm concerned.

If you are able and willing to travel, Eric Sarjeant at Ed Martin Toyota in Indiana is the guy to go to. Last time we chatted, he had some '21 base models inbound that were not yet presold.
what dealers have 20’s?

There is a Black Heritage Edition 2020 at Handy Toyota in St. Albans, Vermont. They refused to budge from MSRP initially, and after I walked away, they came back to me a week later with an offer that is higher than the offers I have for a 2021 HE from two other dealers. I wouldn't do business with them after that, but if you really want it, it's there (or was two weeks ago). Also, be prepared for salespeople that know nothing about land cruisers if you call them.

If you're talking to me, I don't have any idea. Dealers don't get many Land Cruisers around here. Just not a big market for them.

I was in the local dealer last night with my BIL. Managers didn’t seem to thrilled to have offered me the $11k discount on my 20 Base back in June. 😁

To me there's a huge disconnect between what the dealers will sell any new or used LC for and what the buyers are willing to pay, well at least educated buyers, Especially in the used market. I've seen a couple used 2018's with 40K+ miles that the dealer wants $75K. I don't think so buddy. There's still some 2020's still out there. There's like two or three HE's at a W. Texas dealer. Just use any one of the number of car search websites.

I picked my base leftover a few weeks before the whole Covid 19 thing exploded picked up a left over Base 2019 for 78k . At the time every dealer in eastern PA / NJ had the HE addition and could not move them .
It’s city / sub driving everyone wants the 3rd row around here most of them used to hall the kids , not much wheeling going on at the mall .
I was offered HE at 78k on 2020 before Covid 19 , still seems to be plenty of the HE models but now dealers are trying to get MSRP .
My buddy was looking and we found a couple but everyone wants all the money right now thats why I inquired about shortages in your area and seen the plant is still not up to speed.

Landcruisers that are priced right moved in both new and used markets.

Just got in car this morning to drive to go get a 2013 Silver with 100k miles for $37,000. Before I got 15 minutes down road, got call saying someone just paid cash for it.

Meanwhile, local dealers have 2018 used with 40k miles listed for 75,000 dollars and 2015 with 50k miles listed for 55,000 dollars. They sit waiting for a sucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom