New knuckles on 97 LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you are on the low end of perfection, everyone else is a perfectionist. Move on. Thanks for sharing.

LCH will fix itself for good or bad. Level of service always does.

Thank you. They have a great reputation.
I would take it back to LCH, I know you probably payed a good amount for them to do it. I almost ordered some of their seat covers and brake calipers. I reached to check if they would maybe do a package deal. The JoElla guy said let me see if we have any upcoming specials and never heard from again.

Anyhow your knuckle is one of the worst I have ever seen. For these guys to specialize in Landcruisers there is no excuse.

I would take it back to LCH, I know you probably payed a good amount for them to do it. I almost ordered some of their seat covers and brake calipers. I reached to check if they would maybe do a package deal. The JoElla guy said let me see if we have any upcoming specials and never heard from again.

Anyhow your knuckle is one of the worst I have ever seen. For these guys to specialize in Landcruisers there is no excuse.
Agreed. Disappointing.

As far as the seal failure, has this rig been wheeled hard or at all? I’ve seen the inner support ring in the axle get damaged and fall out of place. Without this ring it’s almost impossible to install the long side shaft with out damaging the seal.

It appears the inner axle seal failed this is covered under our warranty. Please bring it in and we can address this issue at no cost to you. We stand behind our work and will address this issue and any issue you may have.

What was the outcome?
Buyer Beware LCH Hagerstown Maryland and now Landcruiser Heaven Miami.

When they ‘replaced ‘ the knuckle they left part of the grease container IN THE KNUCKLE to bounce around which destroyed it. I could have done a better job in my driveway.

Most recently the ARB lights they incorrectly installed caught on fire (see attached pic)

All around poor job 1) not completing the things paid for or 2) not completing them correctly

Do not let this place touch your truck .

Thanks for circling back.

79462F12-F6D7-41FF-ADFB-A84057849828.jpeg

FD5A27F4-9624-4E1E-B851-8A9A56FDBF83.jpeg

Here’s what we found- When LCH Hagerstown, MD ‘replaced ‘ the knuckle they left part of the grease container IN THE KNUCKLE to bounce around which destroyed it. Lack of expertise and lack of attention to detail rears it’s ugly head again.

You can always take it to Ironpig Off Road in Fredericksburg VA. Lance and his team do great work, but they are busy!

What kind of kit did they use?
Looks like standard ARB housing however there was some splicing that I’m trying to decipher now. From day 1 they did not work correctly they flickered on when switching from low to high beam.

I’m going to put on keyed power source but independent of high / low beams.

Just read another post here from victim of similar problem after getting truck back from LCH Hagerstown. Suggest anyone who had them install lights to double check. Had I not been in the car certain would have resulted in an engine fire. Again, my car was not running no key in ignition.
What kind of kit did they use?

"---they left part of the grease container IN THE KNUCKLE---"

Got any photos of the container left inside and the carnage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom