New Kid on the Block - 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, first login in 10 years since I sold my Fj62 and my FJ80. I just picked up a project, a 1974 FJ40.

I am new to the FJ40 chassis, it has been a dream to own an Fj40 for most of my life. Came across this one for a reasonable sum, and considering the rising values on many Toyota’s, I thought I might as well lock it in. It hasn’t run since 2007, currently in southern PA, but was in from Colorado prior.

Body has rust in the fenders, floors, and the quarter panels. Frame seems solid minus the 45 degree metal in the rear where the rear shackle mount. Does anyone know if these are available from any of the vendors? These SOR site and Cool cruisers are quite difficult to navigate.

The rig is missing some parts. Looking for a hardtop, doors, and some seats to start. Here are some poor photos from the previous owner, hope to have better photos soon.

91F88A0A-0783-4E15-8412-1FDE8E0948B6.jpeg

D753FA86-873A-44E9-A016-361698AA9847.jpeg

Welcome back. Looks like a great survivor. I'm sure that you will do her proud.

I would think the frame component you're looking for would be something that Classic Cruisers or Cruiser Corp can help you with. It's the type of part they'll help you with via email/phone. There's not an item on their websites for that particular part, but they both will salvage parts our of their yards.

Saw that one on marketplace. Good price. It was gone in less than 6 hours. Congrats! Have fun with it!
I bought the rear frame pieces from BTB Products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom