New kicks, and they are big! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, got me a set of almost worn Michelin XLs. Wanted to get something about the same size as a 38.5x11 Bogger but cheaper to test fit and decide if I like that size tire, well..I do! These things are awesome, traction is amazing, and the ride is good even with them not balanced.

dscn1836cc6.jpg

dscn1837ef7.jpg

dscn1838wa3.jpg

Fit is excellent, minimal rub in the rear w/ 2" bumpstop drops, none in the front with 3" drop. Track width is perfect with 4.25" backspacing. Power loss is bad, although 60mph in 3rd is about 2200rpms so cruising is easy. Mileage is way worse in the city, but 2-3 better, uncorrected, highway.

Guess we will see how those big things do soon! Congrats Alky!

Appreciate it, they are stiff as hell, that pic was taken with 20psi. Boggers will be more trail friendly, but these will do untill I've got the dough for some real tires.

Looks good!

FWIW I did my research and saw most running those big suckers at 5-8 psi on the trail and still had marginal sidewall flex. That is why I am running the Iroks now.

Yeah I heard that too. But like he said these are just test tires.

The only reason I ended up getting these was the pricetag, less than $300 go the tires, got the tires to me, and got the tires mounted. Sidewall flex shouldn't be much of an issue at Uwharrie, and I may have the Boggers before I head to Tellico. Beefy axles are looking to be a must, just gotta see how far I can go before I really need them (bad test..)

I will bring my extra birfields and axles when we go! :)

For 300 clams thats a no brainer

Exactly what I was thinking, and they fit better than I expected. I was having second thoughts on whether this was a good investment or not, but after riding on them all weekend, it definitely is.

This thread is useless without some pics of them stuffed!

how come the second pic makes it look like it won't stuff without hitting the front of the wheelwell? optical illusion or does it move back that much?

Okay, now just to remind myself: You are running 6" Slee springs in the front and Js in the rear with lower bumpstops, but that is it for hieght. So... With me having J springs with a 2" front spacer, I should be able to lower my bumpstops and run a 37 or 38 tire... Damnit.:doh:

how come the second pic makes it look like it won't stuff without hitting the front of the wheelwell? optical illusion or does it move back that much?

It'll actually move forward.

It'll actually move forward.

It'll move backwards, DS barely rubs the front of the wheel well due to a little rust that got boogered around when I hit my rocker. PS barely hits the back of the wheel well. Fronts don't rub anywhere.

Here's some flex pics.

PS rear, forward edge of wheel well
dscn1839jn9.jpg

PS rear, rearward edge barely rubbing
dscn1840na8.jpg

Full View
dscn1841wy2.jpg

dscn1842zz7.jpg

Rear Bumpstops, little bit more than 2", might add a 1/4" plate depending on how the future 14" shocks fit
dscn1843cr0.jpg

On the bumpstop
dscn1844hr9.jpg

dscn1845gu3.jpg

Front shock, about 1" from bottoming couldn't get any more compression out of it
dscn1847cj7.jpg

No rubbing, lock to lock and a little bit of room left
dscn1848ng2.jpg

dscn1849ww5.jpg

I want a 3-link, the front flex here is pitiful
dscn1850ed8.jpg

so are these 9.00x16 or the 11.00x16 XL's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom