New key question - 97 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When we bought out LX450 not too long ago we only had 1 key.

The dealer we bought from was supposed to have another key made for it but its been a phone tag game so far, so I'm thinking we'll have to handle this on our own.

Is it an immobilizer type key, or just a standard key with the Lexus teeth cut on the inside as opposed to the outside of the key?

Can I get one at a Toyota dealer, or do I need to go straight to a Lexus dealer with our VIN and proof of ownership?

Expected cost?

no electronics in the key but becuse of the inside cut you will have to go to a lexus dealer for it,

they are very expensive. the cost was posted in another thread, try a search for "Laser cut key" or "internal key cut"

I had a replacement key made at a local locksmith. Doesn't have the fancy Lexus logo on it...but it works. IIRC it was about $27. I had to call several before I found one with the correct blank. It was worth the effort. I think a key from Lexus dealer is about $80.

RavenTai said:
you will have to go to a lexus dealer for it,

they are very expensive.
Yep its expensive back to year '99 i lost Master key and cost me about $75 buks just for one key (Master Key):mad:

P.S: The one with PINK :princess: color is the Master key and you can use to lock/unlock the glove box and rear hatch.
Lexus_Keys 001_80.JPG

Yeah same here, I had to buy my key from the Lexus Dealer. It was around $80 or so dollers. Oh one more thing to add don't lose the alarm clicker. That damn key chain alarm clicker is $120!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom