New Key Fob programming problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My original Key fob broke many years ago and I have been using the Valet Key but it won’t turn the ignition reliably anymore.

The circuit board is broken as well but the passive chip is still good.

I went to a locksmith with a Key Fob from Car and Truck Remotes. They were able to get the key to turn the ignition and start the car but were not able to program it and it doesn’t unlock the door manually or remotely. As an older 2000 100 Series they tried some processes I think I’ve heard referred to as “Simon Says” but two different people were not able to get it to work.

They suggested I take it to a Toyota service shop and have them check a few things that can block the programming process.

Fuses, Door Lock actuators, BCM (Read and Clear).

Does this make sense? Where can I find the “Simon Says” process, I can try doing it myself.

I plan on trying the remote programming outlined in the following link. I don't need to do the first part.

Thanks.

An earlier thread I started below.

Last edited:
I programmed my 2001 alarm remote without techstream. I remember it wasn't working so I gave up and tried it a different day. The second time I tried it, it worked, it's all about timing. I think my driver door actuator was weak, which might have been why it was hard for me to program it the first time, maybe the door lock wasn't moving enough so it wasn't registering the steps, if this is your case, give your actuator a rest if you've tried a few times, maybe it's tired. I eventually changed that actuator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom