New Junk! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
The day gets better when a truck brings this kind of junk instead of work! Rob and Phil, we got toys! Anybody need some rear coils for a second gen 4runner? :D

junk.jpg

only rear coils ?? i would like to get a F/R set of 80 coils.

looks like someones gonna have some fun.

There will be some leftovers, OME mediums, heavies and shocks & OEM stuff. Have heard some mumbling about wanting them, but no firm offers yet, So it's time to speakup.

only rear coils ??

Stock 80 series rear coils & shocks lift the rear of 2nd gen. runners about 3" and ride very nice.

Is that bumper for an 80-series? If so, can you measure center to center of the frame mounts for me?

It's an 80 bumper, 27 1/4" it's going on Rob's '96 Saturday, if you want any pictures or measurements of the frame rails let me know.

Tools R Us said:
There will be some leftovers, OME mediums, heavies and shocks & OEM stuff. Have heard some mumbling about wanting them, but no firm offers yet, So it's time to speakup.

I am still interested. Can you be more specific as to what you will have when you are done? And what you will want for it.

You can PM or email me.

Jared

/who should really be more worried about getting his new springs and other assorted stuff on his 55 before he buys stuff for the 80

well im lookin for stock 80 coils, since the 80 is heavier than my pig i dont need medium or lift coils. the price im lookin for is free

Kevin,

If you can take measurements of the outermost point of the frame horns that would be great. Outside to outside or inside to inside. ...... whatever is easier.

Outside of the frame rails is 30" the inside is 25 1/2" the rails are 4 1/4" tall and 2 1/4" wide.

Robs truck when we started with the new 315/75R16 tires. Looking good!

rob_before.jpg

rob_before1.jpg

With the J springs, fronts have 1.25" custom spacers to cure the stink bug effect. We also made drop brackets for the rear brake line, e-brake cable support and suspension stops. The sway bar mounts were cut and sleeved to 1.5" longer. The diff breathers were replaced and routed inside the truck with small fuel filters added. The front bumper was replaced with an ARB bull bar.

rob_done.jpg

We also put J's, shocks and made most of the brackets for my truck, but it dosen't show as much on a truck that was already lifted. Or so I thought, until moma woke me up Sunday morning with "what the :censor: did you do to the truck, I can hardly get in it!" after trying to take it to the store. :D

hey kevin how much would it be to get a set of those amuminum spacers u have? i know u had a friend make them for u but i hate my stink bug stance on my cruiser.

thanks
mike

hey kevin how much would it be to get a set of those amuminum spacers u have?

If I remember correctly it was $75 for a couple of sets, if they make more the set price comes down, plus the 6061 alloy, at the price of aluminum lately it maybe cheeper to make them from gold! :eek:

Thanks for the measuerments. Looks good.

No problem, bumper project in the works? I want to do something about mine, keep dragging it on the rocks. Phil said something about just raise the truck and I won't hit it, or maybe it was just learn to drive!

hmm where did u have them made? were they cnc? or just milled? i bet i could snag a block of aluminum up here for free since boening gives western large pallets of solid block aluminum. you wouldnt happen to have blue prints for them?

mike

They are CNC milled, takes a 6.25 x 6.25 x 1.5 block for each one, the machine shop has the program that makes the part.

I talked to the machinists today, they have a nasty case of catch-up going on after being out of town at a big gun show all last week. They are going to price the materials and get back to me later in the week with the minimum quantity and cost to make it worth the machine time.

think theres any way to get a hold of that program? ... i take it thats a no

Correct, the reason given is that the program was written on their software for their machines with the tooling they are using, other machine shops will have other brands of software/machines/tooling so it would be worthless to them. The program is very simple, it took about 10 minutes to make, so writing a new one is faster than translating for a different platform.

you wouldnt happen to have blue prints for them?

Here is the Trailer Trash blue print. ... :D

cad.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom