New J's & Toyo's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed my new OME lift. Went with J springs F&R with Mr. G's up front to keep it level and a set of 285/75-16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts :bounce: . Did the lift at the auto shop on base, so I had a full compliment of tools, a lift, and a press for the bushings. All in all I call it a :banana: to :banana: :banana: job, more labor than skill. I have Slee's caster plates being delivered as even with the OME CC bushings I still ended up with -0.7 & -0.4 degrees of caster. I talked to Dennis at Slee and realized I would have to go dumpster diving for my stock bushings, as usual no luck. Picked up the phone and ordered up a set from C-Dan (nice guy by the way). I'll have more pics of the caster plates as well as a follow up alignment report when I get them on in a couple of days. Enough jabber, on to the pics.

Stock
Lx21.jpg

Last edited:
Lifted.
lx23.jpg

Another angle.
lx24.jpg

very nice congrats :cheers:

Nice stance. What shocks did you choose?

73/74 L's.

You have lowered your bump stops as well then?

Not yet, figured I was going to have to soon, is there an easy way to do it?

I can not advise you on the best way to approach that. I can tell you to excerise caution when articulating as it will be possible to bottom-out the shocks and damage them with the bumpstops in the stock location. If I understand correctly, you will need to lower the stops at least 1 1/2 inches to prevent damaging the shocks. I trust that you have lowered the sway bars to prevent front drive shaft damage at full droop?

yup, gonna be a little while before I can get her off road and test her out anyway, plan to replace the brake lines with extended SS soon also.

Looking good! Congrats!

Please let us know how the caster plates effect the ride. I just installed the 850/863 (non J) with the MR G spacers and i dont want to install the bushings if the caster plates will be better.

Thanks
Kevin

Very nice. :D

Sliders, bumpers next ;)

Kazmanff said:
Not yet, figured I was going to have to soon, is there an easy way to do it?

Did the 96 LX come with stock front bumpstops ? If not I bet Dan knows the stock # for 'em and where to fly them in from ;) . Ask him how he knows .. :eek:

Thanks again CDan,

:cheers:

TY

With the L shocks, you will definitely want to extend you diff breathers, also. They will pop off the axle at extension and then the fluid will splash or spray out the connection while driving home from wheeling. Not a critical issue, but I figured I would warn you before you get diff oil everywhere.

Nice!

Nice looking rig. Yo Kazman, are you in the Navy by chance?

Ex HM3(SS), Fed Fire now. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom