New J78 Owner: What Maintenance Do I Get While the Car's Still in Japan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would just order the Dobinsons Stock Height Restoration Kit and have it installed in the US. As far as I know, there are no similar kits offered by JDM companies. Every JDM lift I have seen is an unrecognizable brand. Other shops in Japan will build using the same kits we would order in the US.

On the topic of a stock height kit, I am unaware of any other brand (ARB, Ironman) that offers a kit specific to the J78. For me, the decision was easy since I had no other option. I ordered a few weeks ago from Dobinsons USA and was quoted a 3 month lead time on the stock heigh springs. I hoping to get those in before summer.
@misterclean Did you end up installing the Dobinsons stock height kit? How do you like the ride? What was the previous suspension? I ask because I am considering new suspension for my J78 as well and went to a local ARB dealer bc I wanted the ARB OME but they couldn't source a match for the J78! I've heard ARB is superior to Dobinsons from a reliability standpoint. Thanks

@misterclean Did you end up installing the Dobinsons stock height kit? How do you like the ride? What was the previous suspension? I ask because I am considering new suspension for my J78 as well and went to a local ARB dealer bc I wanted the ARB OME but they couldn't source a match for the J78! I've heard ARB is superior to Dobinsons from a reliability standpoint. Thanks
I installed it last September, yes! It took 7 months to arrive with plenty of runaround from the staff at Dobinsons- only issue I’ve had with the suspension so far was that part.

The ride is much better and I gained about 1.5”-2” of height back from the sagging springs and blown OEM shocks that came with my LJ71.

I ran ARB/OME on my last LJ78 and the front rake was a bit much for me.

I installed it last September, yes! It took 7 months to arrive with plenty of runaround from the staff at Dobinsons- only issue I’ve had with the suspension so far was that part.

The ride is much better and I gained about 1.5”-2” of height back from the sagging springs and blown OEM shocks that came with my LJ71.

I ran ARB/OME on my last LJ78 and the front rake was a bit much for me.
Good to hear. Which kit did you go with - the 40mm (1.5”) or 65mm (2.5”)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom