New(-ish) Member - 97' LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, been on the forum for months but finally getting around to the intro post. Early this year, picked up a bone stock LX 450 w/ 133k miles, all in Cali. This forum has been an indespensable source of info for the work I've done on it thus far. Bought the 80 series to get to offroad places to fish in the Sierras where my civic couldn't get to, and also because it's cool as s***. Have replaced the bumper, added 2.5in OME lift for starters, fluids, new starter and water pump, amongst a large handful of smaller changes. I live relatively close to Valley hybrids in stockton Ca and have been wanting to get some expert assistance on things (namely, soft brakes, front end slow oil leak, and overall baselining/assessment). Glad to be here and very happy this community exists!

20221104_132105.jpg

Really good looking rig. The 2.5" lift looks "just right".

Congratulations. I have a 97 lx. Common oil leaks are the distributor o-ring, oil pump cover, and possibly the front main seal. There’s a YouTube video that will help a ton. Should be easy to find. I’ve had 80, 100, and 200 series LCs and 80s are still my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom