New(ish) 100 owner just saying hi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! After many years of reading these forums for answers on all sorts of Toyotas, I finally bucked up and actually created an account. I recently (last year) bought my first land cruiser, I previous had a 4runner. I kept debating between a cruiser and a tundra, my wife grew up with pickups and I grew up with SUV's. In the end she let me have my SUV and we are both very happy with our decision as the cruiser is more than we both expected!

We ended up (after much research and about a year of looking) with a 2007 Land Cruiser with AHC, with 180k on the clock and everything except the headrest DVD players fully functional. It is our go anywhere adventure machine and I look forward to modifying and fiddling with it over the years. I don't have any really good non action shots lol but here are a few.

Hopefully I can help add to the sites collective wisdom and learn more as I go!

Chris

20210420_165735_HDR.jpg

20201030_171218.jpg

20210417_133500_HDR.jpg

Welcome Chris. Nice looking LX. I guess you know all about heater Ts from reading the forum. :)

Thanks! I am quite happy so far. I removed the side steps already and did a half inch ahc lift so i don't need to use high mode much for what i do.

I've read about the heater t's. I don't seem to have any issues currently, the previous 2 owners had all the maintenance done at dealers so everything was quite thorough.

I can assure you, trusting Dealership or any shop has properly cared for PM, is a mistakes. We've very important PM areas that must be addressed. Timing belt in VVT, Coolant system and Spark plugs are key points.

PM me and will exchange contact info, if you'd like to stop by some warm dry day. I'll inspect and point-out areas of concern for you.

Last edited:
Been away for a quite a few weekends. Glad you mentioned the heater tees though so they were on my mind when i was up in craig last weekend doing some scouting. I stopped on a rocky trail to air down and could smell the sickly sweet scent of coolant.

20210619_090433.jpg

I'd look else for coolant leak. As the Tees don't look active enough to produce the sweet smell. At least not in posted picture!

I did the thermostat last year with a new o ring. Everything looks good there. Cant find any evidence on the radiator or the reservoir either, radiator looks pretty new too. I'll keep an eye out but so far the smell is gone! The tees were pretty broken, had to take 1 hose off and fish pieces out of the others!

20210619_094204.jpg

I should also add that as soon as i started moving the closer one to take it out it started leaking fluid and then would seal back up when it went back into place. Maybe it was leaking out when the engine moved under throttle?

I should also add that as soon as i started moving the closer one to take it out it started leaking fluid and then would seal back up when it went back into place. Maybe it was leaking out when the engine moved under throttle?
Possibly, though any sort of pressure in the system would tend to open it up, I’d think.

In any case, Welcome to the forum! I’m in Highlands Ranch and happy to help with tools/hands if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom