New Interior Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, a new rear bumper is not in the budget for some time, so where to put the tire so I don't scrape it, inside. I had it flat secured to one of the third row seat floor hooks. One week of field work showed that this doesn't work well if you need to carry 4 seven gallon water containers, gear, cooler, etc.

I had seen several upright tire carriers, but they were all home made unique items. Slee I think has something in the works, but I'm not sure if it requires the removal of some of the third row seat hardware, not an option for me. So it looks like I would need to make my own.

What do you do if you can't weld and don't have time to learn how or find someone to do it for you? You make a bolt on. It looks abit 'redneck', but it works. I need to make some alterations on the base and the lower cross member (use plate instead of L shape), but it works. I also need to incorporate some duct tape and bailing wire for this to be a true 'redneck tire mount'.

If you would like a measured drawing (Big Red Tablet, done in crayon) and a parts list, please paypal $19.99 to "redneck_industies" and you too can solve your tire storage dilemma without putting a big dent in your wallet.
tire_carrier-01-01.jpg
carrier_close_up1-01.jpg

looks very nice. :)

cool a giant erector set . As long as it works Functionality first, then style.

HA HA gbell I was thinking the samething!

geoross

this looks interesting. could you take two more photos. one of how it's bolted to the floor, i assume via the seat mounts. second of ho you have it bolted to the seat mount rail. just some closeups.

thanks!

There is nothing much about the mounting of this tinker-toy erector set. I used u-bolts for attachment. It was pretty easy to assemble.

Ross
floor_mount.jpg
rail_mount.jpg

thanks, going to give it a try!

That worked out pretty good Ross. Great solution until you get your rear bumper :cool:

cheap and effective... i like it.

nice redneck tech for interior tire carrier and very cheap.

"Ghetto-fab*"!

*fabulous...

Nice man. Resourceful !

A good redneck would add a few more sharp edges and more pointed ends to hang his drawers on. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom