New interior side panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't ever haul anything dirty, unless it's a passenger. I am not a fan of dogs, and I haven't been fishing for who knows how long. I would have shagged the back of the back seat, but I ran out of left-over carpet. The front seats sport some ratty sheep skin covers that I would love to replace... but they're pricey for someone cheap like me.
The rear window washer didn't even work so I just removed it. I'll post a pic a little later today of what I did to the tailgate. :)

The nasty old carpet recently came off the tailgate, and the "holy crap" handle got a re-paint. The bar was there when I bought the truck, but I like it.
tailgate.jpg

Is that bar on your tail gate to keep items from hitting the glass or what?

yea, show us a snap w/the tailgate secured...

That bar is OEM, it just didn't make it on many US-sec 60s (mostly early ones).

The Bar doesn't even come up to the glass when the back is closed up. I'll post another picture later today of it closed from the inside.

Here's a shot from the inside with it all closed:
tailgateclosed.jpg

i still don't get that handle. If it was OEM what was the design rational. not that i don't want one.

i like the bar! first thing i'm thinking it would bi nice when hauling big lang things inside the car with the back seats up, and the rear window up! Then you can strap stuff down to the bar. i will definatly make mysef one!

Do we all know what the OEM porpoise was for this bar?.........................Not that I dont want one either.
Does anyone know the part name for this too??
Rear gate safety bar?..........Cargo secure bar?:meh:

I wish I knew. Sorry man.
But hey, since this thread is back from the dead I will post pics of how I access my rear washer bottle (since I fixed it)
fueldoor1.jpg
fueldoor2.jpg
fueldoor1.jpg
fueldoor2.jpg

^ that is da bling. :grinpimp: Only to be expected in the Shaggy Sixty though.

i still don't get that handle. If it was OEM what was the design rational.

x2. My guess is: prevent dingos/coyotes/dogs from entering via dropgate, or snapping their legs when they do, which means it's off my mod list. :confused: But still da shiznitz.

props to Norway for the minor zombification. Pix + write-up on the build or it didn't happen.

Do we all know what the OEM porpoise was for this bar?.........................Not that I dont want one either.
Does anyone know the part name for this too??
Rear gate safety bar?..........Cargo secure bar?:meh:

It's called the tail gate protector pipe.
tail gate protector pipe.JPG

I'm diggin the shag!!!:grinpimp:

maybe cuz its the shaggin sixty wagon .....perhaps you could use those tailgate bar as a OH SH*T bow chicka bow wow bar

To stay in the "Shaggin Wagon" theme...

maybe cuz its the shaggin sixty wagon .....perhaps you could use those tailgate bar as a OH SH*T bow chicka bow wow bar

Um....reverse cowgirl/leg support bar?:bounce:

Sorry, couldn't help it.:meh::hillbilly::)

I seem to remember another thread about that bar. A cargo support/tie down for items that are long and need to stick out the back.

William

Checker I think. For a Ford or something... but I made it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom