New interior fuse box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dannyvp

SILVER Star
Threads
I want to install a new accessory fuse box inside the truck that runs off on the ignition.
how would one do that? Key it to the ignition.

If you are going to run any load through this, the you probably need to use a relay that is switched by the ignition switch. The wiring diagram shows that the 60 series already has one such relay, but this is most likely sized for the load it is already handling, so add another relay wired in parallel on the coil side with the existing ignition relay. Size the relay for your expected load and consider bringing a dedicated wire from the battery that is fused or has a circuit breaker to prevent an over-current situation. The existing relay switched side is protected with one of the fusible links.

If you are going to run any load through this, the you probably need to use a relay that is switched by the ignition switch. The wiring diagram shows that the 60 series already has one such relay, but this is most likely sized for the load it is already handling, so add another relay wired in parallel on the coil side with the existing ignition relay. Size the relay for your expected load and consider bringing a dedicated wire from the battery that is fused or has a circuit breaker to prevent an over-current situation. The existing relay switched side is protected with one of the fusible links.

I don't think i will pull much load. Radio, USB, small LED's...…….. Where is this relay located?

It's in a relay panel that is under the dash board. I get a little confused with the RHD/LHD orientation so I don't know if it is on the left side or the right side...

1583437806130.png

you might also consider tapping into an existing unused connector under the dash (assuming that is a convenient place for where you are adding your components. If don't have the stock radio, then the stock plug might be available. I also had plugs for other items: fog lights, power antenna, inclinometer, etc. You would have to confirm with your volt meter whether the power is switched from the ignition switch. Or if you don't need our cigarette lighter, use that power source.

If you want to fuse specific components you can use in line fuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom