New in box supercharger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I passed on a local deal for a used supercharger for a 95-97 lc last week as i had a 93 and couldnt find the kit for my year, however i bought a 97 last weekend:bang:
I just found a nib supercharger for 96-97 but they want 4k for it. would you do this eventhough the original price new was only about 3450. or is it worth it because they are not currently being produced??

I passed on a local deal for a used supercharger for a 95-97 lc last week as i had a 93 and couldnt find the kit for my year, however i bought a 97 last weekend:bang:
I just found a nib supercharger for 96-97 but they want 4k for it. would you do this eventhough the original price new was only about 3450. or is it worth it because they are not currently being produced??

If you want it you are going to have to pay for it. This isn't a debate since there is no market pricing to compare.

So if it is worth $4K for you to be supercharged, then it is worth it. 20% isn't much of a premium for a discontinued part.

Don't do it. Wait a month or two and you will have other choices. Cheaper than that I would think. There will be a very good option available very soon.

Don't do it. Wait a month or two and you will have other choices. Cheaper than that I would think. There will be a very good option available very soon.

Wakesetter,
where are you getting your information; would you care to elaborate?

IB14A69,
If it were me, I'd do it since I keep hearing that another version of this kit is coming out but haven't heard any further details. If you do decide to pass, could you pm me and provide me the contact information for the seller?

Cheers,
Salue

I too would like know where you are getting your info Wakesetter. I haven't been here that long and have heard rumors of a "kit" multiple times...... it's all BS until i actually see one for sale.

That said I agree with Nay. No guarantees there's a new kit coming. All depends what your willing to pay for the extra hp. I personally find the power of my stock engine adequate with the pwr button on at all times. I'm willing to wait for a good deal or a fabled "kit" at a price lower than $4k. Also mine's a '94 so waiting for something that may apply to my earlier year is a consideration too. I don't know how easy it would be to make a '95-'97 kit work in my '94.

Last edited:
YAA wakesetter where do you get your info?

All the sources I have, and some of those of OK say there is no plan for a SC anytime soon if ever again?

You work for TRD?

If you know something we would all like to hear................

I've heard talk of unicorns before but never seen one myself.

is he the one who a shop borowed his 80 so they could prototype a new supercharger with intercooler??

Negative. That was 24hoursofnevada who gave his cruiser to LC Engineering.

Nothing personal, but I've heard a lot of peole post cryptically like this about the resurrection of the SC, and I haven't seen anything yet...

Last edited:
i called lc engineering about that and they told me that trd had them (lc) stop any further progress on there supercharger. the guy on the phone believed that trd was getting ready to retool it?

I will be selling supercharger kits, but first I need to sell off a bit of my oceanfront property in Arizona

I feel like a schmuck saying it, but the person that I know who is smack in the middle of it has asked me not to say too much. Maybe I already did? The second that he says I can release more info I will. I have known this person all my life. Very close to him and it is work related to him. He would know for sure what is going on.

Yup,

Keep yer yapper shut fer now.

said he would take 3850 for it. wakesetter-how long do we need to wait for this other thing coming out possibly? at least does it preform the same if not any better?

$3,850.00 was the old list price. They were selling for ~2,900.00 to 3,000.00 usually. It prolly won't bring $3,850.00 in a year or so.

i'm in to preorder one for my 94 ;):D.....some hints....info...retool for 94...etc...xtra injecotr maybe?.......dont keep us in the dark

:lol:

Dan, can I preorder one :D

I am not at liberty to discuss.

$3,850.00 was the old list price. They were selling for ~2,900.00 to 3,000.00 usually. It prolly won't bring $3,850.00 in a year or so.
So in a year or so is when we might something new come out? will it be cheaper than the 3850 when it does come out?

It's important to do what you do best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom