New Land Cruiser specialty shop in Boise, Idaho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
Hey all,

A lot of you know me here on Mud and a lot more do not know me. I been a Cruiserhead and member of the forum a long time. I wanted to let the community know I started a new venture. This being, importation of non-USA spec trucks all of which will be left hand drive (LHD). Also obviously all trucks will be over 25yrs old as well.

My company name is South to North Land Cruisers, I have a website being built as I type this. I am bringing in trucks from Latin America, all hand picked by me as well as brought up to my standards. This means I perform the work to the trucks, I don't subcontract it out down here or up in the states. I have spent a lot of time down here and am down here right now hunting for trucks that are worthy.

Website is online, you can find it here.

Home :: SN Land Cruisers

I can take special requests and please feel free to message me with what you may be after. Please be aware trucks like 90-92 HZJ75LV Troopies with the 1HZ or HZJ75 pickups also with the 1HZ or even 1980-84 HJ47L pickups with the 2H that are very low mile and in very good condition are extremely hard to find. These are also the highest demanded trucks so basically a waiting list may be in order if this is what you are after. I am not taking any deposits on any trucks, I invest my own money in all this just like I do all the work myself.

*EDIT* 10-18-19
I edited the title to reflect more of what I am focusing on. Not focusing on importing at this time.

You can private message me here on iH8mud, my email is ian@snlandcruisers.com and when my website goes online I will provide a link.

Here is to saving more Cruisers and bringing in more LHD (diesel) trucks to the states!

Cheers,
Ian Westmoreland

Last edited:
Good luck with your venture. I always enjoyed reading your build threads. I like 43's, just saying...

Good luck with your venture. I always enjoyed reading your build threads. I like 43's, just saying...

Thank you!

43s are extremely rare here but they do exist and unlike the Colombian 73s they are all diesels. I missed out on a really good one about 3 weeks ago. It sold fast and I wasn't down here yet to snatch it up.

Cheers

Last edited:
Any chance you can get a 70 series LHD with the 1HZ imported? If so, any ball park idea on price range? I have no idea if that was an option in South America so I apologize if that is a stupid questions.

Any chance you can get a 70 series LHD with the 1HZ imported? If so, any ball park idea on price range? I have no idea if that was an option in South America so I apologize if that is a stupid questions.

Yes sir, that is what I am hunting for. 1HZ is probably the most common engine in Cruisers down here but it didn't come out until 1990ish and to find one that meets all my requirements is difficult.

Price depends greatly on condition, miles and model. A really nice Troopy, say 1991 with 1HZ, is going to be north of $20k and may be north of $25k. These trucks are sought after locally here and also priced accordingly as well.

Cheers

Yes sir, that is what I am hunting for. 1HZ is probably the most common engine in Cruisers down here but it didn't come out until 1990ish and to find one that meets all my requirements is difficult.

Cheers
Let's say you can get a Prado or whatever they call the 4 door 70 down there and it's meets your requirements; what is the ball park asking price once it's titled here in the US?

Let's say you can get a Prado or whatever they call the 4 door 70 down there and it's meets your requirements; what is the ball park asking price once it's titled here in the US?

Funny thing about the LJ78 down here, it is not really valued a lot lower than other 70-series like we are seeing in the states. I would say under $20k though. I have seen these trucks with close to 700000kms so if taken care of they are as reliable as any Cruiser.

Finding trucks as low mile as the JDM trucks is probably a once a year thing or less. Not to say I am buying high mile trucks but 150000-250000 miles is the average.

If super low mile is very important to you (or whomever) and you don't care about LHD vs RHD JDM trucks are for you. If you won't buy or drive a RHD truck I am your man along with a couple other guys focusing on LHD Cruisers.

Cheers

Last edited:
I don't know all the different 70 series variants but I am in the hunt for a LHD 4 Door 70 diesel. Not sure what the most desired engine combo is. Unfortunately my wife wants an auto and not stick. that may make things a lot more difficult. Not sure how common a LJ78 auto is. I need to do more research in the 70 series section before I know exactly what I should be looking for.

I don't know all the different 70 series variants but I am in the hunt for a LHD 4 Door 70 diesel. Not sure what the most desired engine combo is. Unfortunately my wife wants an auto and not stick. that may make things a lot more difficult. Not sure how common a LJ78 auto is. I need to do more research in the 70 series section before I know exactly what I should be looking for.
I was under the impression that most LJ78's were automatics. I didn't realize they were available in LHD, regardless of market.

Lots and lots of LJ78's down here. It is the only LHD 4-door diesel 70-series eligible for import. Auto is much more common in Japan than down here.

HZJ77 is the best but unfortunately it didn't come in LHD.

Cheers

Last edited:
Any photos of the Hilux trucks?

No sir no pics for iH8mud at this time, they are coming though!

If you want early bird pics I am posting on FB a lot right now.

Cheers

guess you will be heading this way to get those ...

Not so much, not enough there from what I have seen in good enough condition at the right prices. I am keeping an eye out there though. Probably be down your way before to long but right now I am not in Panama.

Cheers

One more thing to mention right now.

While I am focusing on Cruisers I can also source really good diesel Hilux trucks in 4-door.

Cheers

I'm looking a 4 door hilux, LHD. Are any available with gas engines? I'm not sure if I want a gas or diesel at this point. What engines (gas and/or diesel) are available? want a Manual trans, but other than that, not real picky. How early do the 4 doors start in central america?

Thanks

Congrats Ian!

Good for you and glad to see this. It will be nice to have an importer that has hands on knowledge of a rig from the initial purchase point that has been inspected in person and knows what the end client is receiving. I can't tell you how many "lipstick" 70 series I've seen in the past 3 years that have been imported from Japan, Canada and Australia. I've refused to work on several after seeing pictures and seeing how bad the bodywork is on these imports.

I'll be in the market for a 70 for R&D soon. I've been looking for a donor to build off for almost 3 years now. After empty promises and timing not working out I guess I'll just have to buy my own and build and design off it. We're looking to move by the end of summer/first of fall and want the 70 when I get fired back up. As long as it's a good runner and I can resale after I'm done with it, is all I'm currently after on a 70/71/73/74. I'd require one with a front PTO winch set up.

Then my plans are for an additional personal 77 rig as well. RHD is fine for this rig.

***For all out there that don't know Ian, his work or his ethics.... He is top notch in my book. I've dealt with him for several years and can confidently refer him and his work to anyone. ***

Let's stay in touch and once again congrats brother!

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom