New Hundy Inbound - Hello & Couple Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

My 2006 black/gray 100 series will be arriving shortly from Sacramento area. 112K miles and no AHC. Pics coming.

Prior owner of a white 1999, 1996 FJ80 and 1984 FJ60.

The 06 has aftermarket DVD screen installed on headliner. Will be discussing repair ideas with local upholstery shop and keep group updated.

What is the best approach for swapping wood trim pieces to OEM (or OEM look) plastic? Vehicle has an extended wood trim package (including window switch area at all four doors, multiple vent surrounds, etc.) and would love to replace with the basic plastic trim found on some vehicles. Appears there is fairly good OEM parts availability, but not perfect (and it adds up fast). Vinyl wrap?

Looking forward to being a part of the forum! Pics as soon as it arrives here in Portland.

Travis

Welcome!

Is it an LC or an LX? The LX has real wood so the solution there would be to wrap it. If it's an LC, I think those are all just stickers, essentially. They can be removed with some heat and patience, then wrapped or painted.

Coming from older cars and non-Land Cruisers I can say the parts availability for these is amazing. Damn near 100% it feels like. If it's not available from the dealer down the street, it's in stock in Japan or UAE or an improved version is made by a vendor on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom