NEW Hill Country Gravel Run this Saturday 11/7...open invitation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LX is put back together after 2.5 weeks and all seems right in the world (new head gaskets and TONS of other gaskets and seals and whatnot). Time for a shakedown run! I'm headed out to run a full loop on the Llano/Mason gravel route I've led before. If anyone wishes to join, please feel free to respond here.

Here's the plan: I leave from Pflugerville and travel on 29 to Llano. If anyone on the northside of town wishes to caravan with me, meet me at the Valero on 29 in Liberty Hill (just west of 183) no later than 8:00am. For those southerners who want to meet up, be at the Stripes in Llano (off 71) by 9:00am.

My direct line is: (512) 800-1421 if you wish to call or text me.

I'll be running GMRS and CB. I have 3 handheld GMRS units that I can hand out if anyone needs them for trail communications.

As always, anyone is welcome (no Jeeps LOL).

@marketShark @bottombracket @The Phoenician @AustinJoe @Cargo1234 @rscoleman @Aussiecruiser82 @aljollano @Riwahe @Spallet @PearlLX470 @Beagle @scwill @ATXnative @SF1911A1 @DWDTOY @meatloaf @huboverland @James Bentley @Ninja Cruiser100 @TCruiser93

Last edited:
What day and where at? Sorry I'm watching the election with alcohol but I was notified of atx people going off roading. Haha.

What day and where at? Sorry I'm watching the election with alcohol but I was notified of atx people going off roading. Haha.

This Saturday. Weather should be good. Meeting in Liberty Hill (for north folk) and then meeting the south folk at the Stripes on the southside of Llano (off 71)

Might be interested if Roundup wasn't the following weekend. Y'all have fun!

Last edited:
My LX is put back together after 2.5 weeks and all seems right in the world (new head gaskets and TONS of other gaskets and seals and whatnot). Time for a shakedown run! I'm headed out to run a full loop on the Llano/Mason gravel route I've led before. If anyone wishes to join, please feel free to respond here.

Here's the plan: I leave from Pflugerville and travel on 29 to Llano. If anyone on the northside of town wishes to caravan with me, meet me at the Valero on 29 in Liberty Hill (just west of 183) no later than 8:00am. For those southerners who want to meet up, be at the Stripes in Llano (off 71) by 9:00am.

My direct line is: (512) 800-1421 if you wish to call or text me.

I'll be running GMRS and CB. I have 3 handheld GMRS units that I can hand out if anyone needs them for trail communications.

As always, anyone is welcome (no Jeeps LOL).

@marketShark @bottombracket @The Phoenician @AustinJoe @Cargo1234 @rscoleman @Aussiecruiser82 @aljollano @Riwahe @Spallet @PearlLX470 @Beagle @scwill @ATXnative @SF1911A1 @DWDTOY @meatloaf @huboverland @James Bentley @Ninja Cruiser100 @TCruiser93
Thanks for the invite but I am out of town too.

Thanks for the invite but I’m out. Getting truck and trailer ready for Round Up.

A.J

Can’t make it either, will be out of state

Glad to hear your truck is back together Gary

I’ll be in Concan this weekend or I would come out for sure. Thanks for the invite.

So far, there are 7 of us going. We will all meet at the Stripes on the SOUTH side of Llano (off 71) and roll out on the route AT 9:00am.

We will be running these routes next weekend during the Cruiser Roundup as well. Looking forward to shaking down the rig and making sure she's 100% again after every single gasket and seal was replaced on my motor. So far, so good.

Is it possible to get rough directions of the second half of this run? My friends bought a LX recently and I was thinking about taking them on this route on saturday.. I did the first half in the summer but my work schedule prevents me getting out when they are usually organized.

Thanks for any help

Where are the photos from that November outing? Always enjoy seeing sights along the route and Land Cruisers in action

Where are the photos from that November outing? Always enjoy seeing sights along the route and Land Cruisers in action

Different group but some of this might look familiar. I love this part of the hill country and we get out there as often as wen can. Enjoy bumping into you guys at the various stops along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom