New Here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Threads
I'm New to this forum. I have a 1974 FJ-40 hard top that my Dad GAVE to me free!! It is in very very good condition with 78k origional miles. (most of that was hunting miles) It is all origional and has very little cancer. I am looking to restore it to it's origional beauty like the day I remember my Dad driving it home from the dealership in Colorado Springs in 1974. I am in need of a front windshield, a front bumper, a drivers side mirror (single arm 5" round), chassis bushings, taller rear spring shackles (spring fatigue and sag) etc. It will be a great project. It recently had a new stub shaft replaced on the right front (shattered while going over a rockpile with chains on in the snow) the brakes are new all around and has new front locking hubs. I look forward to any help that I can get. I live in portland Oregon and the old lady is already bitchin that this will be a black hole just like my High-performance makeover on my 1994 Chevy pickup. Thanks ..Colorado Boy

Welcome!!!!!!
Where Are The Pics Newbie?
Gotta Post Up Before We Believe That Line Of B/s :d :d

welcome to the forum...

ALL your wanted stuff outta go in the wanted corner...and you may find a few things in the Parts-Sale section too!

Pics removed to make room for new below.

Last edited:
I am getting familiar with the site. Thanks for the heads up.

you should've just moved to colorado where the cruiser was... :grinpimp:

Welcome to the forum, and as far as the windshield goes just go to a local glass company and have one cut. they can even do it in a tinted glass thats what i did. depending on company should be between $100.00 to $150.00 + or -

and the wife is right its a black hole that money will disaper into, mine complains every time the UPS guy shows up! you get used to it after a while.

Welcome! We have had my '71 FJ40 in the family since '73 and I bought it from my mom after my dad passed away a couple of years ago. Really hated to learn to drive on this rig w/ no power steering, had to pump the brakes to get it to stop, 3 on the tree, and the clutch slipped. Now I absolutely love to drive my FJ's as my daily drivers.

This is a great site w/ some very knowledgeable people who are willing to help.

Enjoy the heck out of your rig - even the money you spend on the parts for it.

hey AZ...im new here too, just joined yesterday actually. i have a 71 ...same year as yours.
where did you get the disc brakes for it? was it some aftermarket place or something off a 4 runner?

I love Colorado. I went in the Air Force and spent 14 years working on Jet Fighters. I moved to Oregon for my job and it isn't very bad. I get out to Colorado to Elk hunt every year. Area 551 at the foot of Monarch pass in Sargents. For those of you who know the western slope. My Dad had to move to Indiana for health reasons ( heart attacks, heart disease, the 8500 feet altitude was too much) I hope that I can make it back still from time to time. You are right I should have moved to Colorado. I love to take the FJ-40 Beast out and climb big ass hills!!!

be careful this site gets addictive.......i am probably near getting fired because i am on here all day long. oh well, i only have a week left before school starts back up anyways. enjoy the toy and welcome!

i have some f engine parts if you need anything........just hit me up with a pm and i'll give you all the details....congrats once again!!!

Nice Truck, Welcome to the Forum.. My 76 Cruiser Came From the same Dealership as yours (Stevenson toyota in Colorado Springs) The classifieds on The MUD and Parts dealers like CCOT, and Rocky Mountain Crusisers should be able to get everything you need..

Oh Yea, I also Met the Guy who Probably Sold your dad his Crusier and My Previous Owner My Cruiser.. He was one of 2 Salesman Who sold for Stevenson in the 70's

welcome! you got a nice rig. now that you got a cruiser, you should think about getting in the TLCA. You won't be disappointed. Happy cruising ,and posting :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom