New here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi - new here. I’ve never joined a forum before now. Looking around at everything now. It told me to make a first post though, so here I am.
I have a ‘97 LX450…315k miles. She’s my baby…her name is Sexy Lexi. She got wrecked last Monday, so we’re waiting on a check from insurance to find and buy all her new parts and pieces!! We’re sad. Sorry about the photo…

75C455F0-644F-4976-96CF-B19F9DFA8D0C.jpeg

Welcome!

Sorry about the loss!

There are some folks here that save the ones so others may live.
@arcteryx and @slow95z are the ones I see the most. Yours being a Lexus (Pink panties version) has a few "special" parts.

Ask your questions, don't be a whiny bitch, put on your big girl panties and give back what you get and you'll be fine.

Oh, and search.

Make sure to ask what oil to use and what tires will fit on your truck in every other post.

Everything you want to do to your truck has been done by SOMEONE on this forum. Please search first. If you don't know how to search, someone will show you. You can only ask that question twice.

I am going to go ahead and tell you that isn't worth fixing. I mean I will gladly sell you all the parts but your best bet is to walk away and start over.

I'm kind a with slow95z on this one. I'm glad he said it, cuz I was thinking it.
With that bit of awkwardness out of the way...

WELCOME TO MUD :flipoff2:
(the official greeting BTW)

Given enough optimism and money, you can fix about anything. I wish you the best of luck.
The head lights are virtually unobtainium. Might want to look at the round head light conversion.

Oh! Almost forgot, I have a bumper with intact tips if you need it. Not perfect, but a sight better than that mangled mess.

I am going to go ahead and tell you that isn't worth fixing. I mean I will gladly sell you all the parts but your best bet is to walk away and start over.

I concur with slow, I have most of the parts as well but the Lexus specific stuff is getting harder. If it’s locked, it may be worth doing, but if open I’d look for another. If you wanna sell it as is, email me.

I concur with slow, I have most of the parts as well but the Lexus specific stuff is getting harder. If it’s locked, it may be worth doing, but if open I’d look for another. If you wanna sell it as is, email me.

What are you guys seeing that brings you to that conclusion?

Not saying you're wrong, but curious as to answer.

You thinking frame damage?
Cab damage?

What are you guys seeing that brings you to that conclusion?

Not saying you're wrong, but curious as to answer.

You thinking frame damage?
Cab damage?
Just the work needed. By time you add in parts, labor (time if doing your own work) paint... You could just sell it as is and buy another one.

Unless you are Eric vee in the Facebook 80 group then apparently you can fix that for 1500 in parts 😁

You need a whole new front clip and maybe a door. No idea if any damage to the frame or engine or any steering bits.

Yes @ginericLC, @slow95z or I could fix this for minimal but that is because we have lots of parts that we've already bought over the years. I suspect that would be 40-60 hours if it was just body work more if mechanical issues are involved. Plus paint because the odds of getting exactly your color is very unlikely. It is a 315K rig though, there is not much resale on this, even if locked. It is really hard to set body parts so the lines are correct. It's an art.

To each their own, I have seen others fix extremely rusty trucks that I would have scrapped.

you are 1/3 almost there....if that were my baby....id have some plans for her

- although i agree with most of the others due to engine miles. This one below only has 165k miles - so it was worth putting some sawzall time into it, (20-30mins) 😁 But it would definitely suck to put 40-50hrs into yours and have the motor blow and be another $3k into replacing an engine or trans etc. Personally id take the check.....buy a lower mile unlocked one and feel good about the miles. add a stronger ARB locker later vs paying an insane premium for elockered one. Id much rather put the $ into a lower miled unlocked one.

8E29F788-B22E-472F-BA10-18825472F96C.jpeg

Last edited:
If the frame isn't bent it looks like a straight forward repair to me. A fender, hood, lights, inner front clip pieces, radiator and condensor. Probably get all the parts for around a 1000 bucks. Bolt it all on yourself and have it painted. Thats my opinion. Maybe swap to land cruiser headlights since they are more plentiful.

Last edited:
Part it out. I'll buy the AC compressor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom