New Here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a great name!

Perhaps you would like a Wilma sticker for your new old gal. Perhaps this one, or this one? If you PM me with your address it would be my pleasure to welcome you to Mud by getting it for you.

And white is my favorite color for Land Cruisers:
1599526443622.png

Last edited:
classic! The longer I own my lifted 80 on 35s, the more I appreciate an original looking 80.

It’ll only be as reliable and last as long as your wallet will allow it to be. Toyota engineers fulfilled their end of bargain as it’s lasted a quarter century already. :)

btw yours is an FZJ80. Not FJ80.
Ok, so I’v
That's a great name!

Perhaps you would like a Wilma sticker for your new old gal. Perhaps this one, or this one? If you PM me with your address it would be my pleasure to welcome you to Mud by getting it for you.

And white is my favorite color for Land Cruisers:
View attachment 2429198
I love the idea of a Wilma sticker!! Ha! Thank you! Also, I’ve never owned a vehicle that wasn’t white...something about it.

649B4C18-4A58-48D8-B608-148C7477830C.jpeg

classic! The longer I own my lifted 80 on 35s, the more I appreciate an original looking 80.

It’ll only be as reliable and last as long as your wallet will allow it to be. Toyota engineers fulfilled their end of bargain as it’s lasted a quarter century already. :)

Are you able to tell that just by looking at it? I’ve read up on the difference in the

You can tell that just by looking? I’ve read up on the engine differences, but haven’t seen anything about just the way they look (other than the 15” wheels on the fj80 and the 16” wheels on the fzj80...is that what gave it away?).

Are you able to tell that just by looking at it? I’ve read up on the difference in the

You can tell that just by looking? I’ve read up on the engine differences, but haven’t seen anything about just the way they look (other than the 15” wheels on the fj80 and the 16” wheels on the fzj80...is that what gave it away?).
It's because it's a 96.

95-97 (FZJ80) were the same. Lexus LX450 are also lumped in here, but have different features as well.
93-94 (FZJ80)
91-92 (FJ80)

All are an "80 series".
There are differences between each group. Some are interior parts, some are driveline parts. Yes, yours is an FZJ80 with the 1FZ-FE engine. This is the one that is known for a Head Gasket Failure on the original HG. If you have the service records, you can determine if it was ever done. If not, it is something to keep in mind and make sure to always maintain your cooling system.

Each year group has it's quirks. You definitely got the best one, in my opinion! (Mine's a 96 also, but in Black)

It's because it's a 96.

95-97 (FZJ80) were the same. Lexus LX450 are also lumped in here, but have different features as well.
93-94 (FZJ80)
91-92 (FJ80)

All are an "80 series".
There are differences between each group. Some are interior parts, some are driveline parts. Yes, yours is an FZJ80 with the 1FZ-FE engine. This is the one that is known for a Head Gasket Failure on the original HG. If you have the service records, you can determine if it was ever done. If not, it is something to keep in mind and make sure to always maintain your cooling system.

Each year group has it's quirks. You definitely got the best one, in my opinion! (Mine's a 96 also, but in Black)
Thanks for the info! I guess I didn’t realize there was only one the option for this year model.

To expand on the Wilma sticker offer, if you‘d like a custom die-cut that spells it out to go along with it, I’d be happy to cut you one free of charge - any color, choose font & size, etc 👍 shoot me a message any time if so! I dig the name

Last edited:
Your magnet/sticker is on its way! I took the liberty of editing the text. Should arrive around 23 SEP 2020.
1599614998816.png

I sent it to Wilma Slaghoople, which was Wilma's maiden name. But there apparently is some controversy about this, according to Wikipedia:

Wilma's maiden name is the subject of a continuity error. Several early episodes in the original series clearly stated Wilma's maiden name was "Pebble". In the second-season episode "The Entertainer", Wilma's old friend Greta Gravel remembers her as "Wilma Pebble", and in the third-season episode "Dial S for Suspicion", one of Wilma's old boyfriends, calls her "Wilma Pebble".

However, later episodes and spin-offs firmly state her maiden name is indeed "Slaghoople", based upon the name of Wilma's mother in the original series, Pearl Slaghoople. Flintstones' writer Earl Kress explained the discrepancy as such: "Unfortunately, it's just as simple as [Hanna-Barbera] not caring about the continuity.

This is a magnet sticker so you can move it / remove it. Now that I know it is easy to have these things made I think I may do some for my cruisers once you post on how it looks in real life!

I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Your magnet/sticker is on its way! I took the liberty of editing the text. Should arrive around 23 SEP 2020.
View attachment 2430406

I sent it to Wilma Slaghoople, which was Wilma's maiden name. But there apparently is some controversy about this, according to Wikipedia:

Wilma's maiden name is the subject of a continuity error. Several early episodes in the original series clearly stated Wilma's maiden name was "Pebble". In the second-season episode "The Entertainer", Wilma's old friend Greta Gravel remembers her as "Wilma Pebble", and in the third-season episode "Dial S for Suspicion", one of Wilma's old boyfriends, calls her "Wilma Pebble".

However, later episodes and spin-offs firmly state her maiden name is indeed "Slaghoople", based upon the name of Wilma's mother in the original series, Pearl Slaghoople. Flintstones' writer Earl Kress explained the discrepancy as such: "Unfortunately, it's just as simple as [Hanna-Barbera] not caring about the continuity.

This is a magnet sticker so you can move it / remove it. Now that I know it is easy to have these things made I think I may do some for my cruisers once you post on how it looks in real life!

I hope you enjoy it!
How very cool!! The irony in all of this is that my daughter named the car...I didn’t even make the flinstones connection until you mentioned it. And how cool that they were some of the first overlanders! Just hope I never find myself driving her with my feet! 😆
I never knew that about Wilma’s maiden name!! I used to watch the flinstones all the time!! I’ve already learned so much here!
Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome! I already feel like I’m amongst friends. You’ll be seeing a lot of me here. I’ve got lots of plans and zero knowledge. Can’t wait to keep learning!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom