New here, new purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At any point in the past I would’ve gladly blown a weekend to do nothing but work on it to save some labor cost. But now have an 8 month old, and will gladly pay the mechanic until he gets old enough to help me with it 😂

At any point in the past I would’ve gladly blown a weekend to do nothing but work on it to save some labor cost. But now have an 8 month old, and will gladly pay the mechanic until he gets old enough to help me with it 😂
Totally understand. We have a 3yr old and 2 Yr old. When they were 8 months I wasn’t doing anything I didn’t absolutely have to!

What better way to test out the latest shop repairs, had to go down to FL to help my mom move. Stop by the farm in GA on the way to drop off a little hunting boat I towed from SC. Rattled it around pretty good on some red clay washboard roads at the farm, tested out the transfer case shift, diff lock while off the pavement. 800 miles round trip and all good for the time being. The slight rubbing seems to have gone away for the time being and had a few odd temporary noises after some washboard. The light oil drip seems to be gone now also, thinking it could have been residual caught on a skid plate. Only crappy part is the 12-13 MPG but I knew that was coming, it's a Toyota v8. Letting her ride until the next oil change and I'll hit the rest of the fluid changes then also.

This is one of the reasonings for deciding to go with the 265s instead of 285s. Towed locally for the first time this weekend and it is about all the boat she wants to tow. Trailer lights don't work at all and I know it's on the vehicle side. Will dig into that now as well.

IMG_1650.JPEG

IMG_1654.JPEG

Im working on getting my tow lights to work on my cruiser too. ive "fixed" them a few times but they still crap the bed pretty quickly. right now I have a half ass solder job holding everything together. do you have trailer brakes on that? ours doesn't and she gets a little heavy stopping sometimes. yours looks a little heavier than ours too. we don't have a T-Top. good looking set up!

No brakes. Trailer is now about 2.5 years old, and earlier this year when repacked hubs we just removed the brakes rather than replace. Wife drives a 2015 Yukon XL Denali and any trip more than just around James Island I use that. It's just nice to have the beater LX at the ramp for dogs and wet stuff. It's a 211 Ultra, never scaled it but I'd guess it's getting close to 5,000 lbs loaded and full of fuel

yep same here. and plus our other vehicles are annoyingly long for lime house landing when its busy.

She went back to the shop at the beginning of December for an oil change and trouble shoot an oil and coolant leaks. Came out of the shop with new crankshaft and camshaft seals, water pump, timing belt, radiator, and serpentine belt tensioner pulley.

Sat at the house for 5 days while we were out of town. Came back and now she’s leaking coolant again. A lot of coolant. Back to the shop again

Another Charleston 100 series owner here (West Ashley). what shop are you using?
I do small repair jobs for supplemental income here and there, hit me up via a PM on here if interested. I only work on 4Runners and Landcruisers !

Will keep that in mind for the future. Already have it lined up with the guy to go back this weekend. Ocean Auto Imports on Folly Road has been doing the work on it.

Can you see around that boat with the factory mirrors? Is there a mirror solution (clip-on wider mirrors) for towing with a 100 series?

Can you see around that boat with the factory mirrors? Is there a mirror solution (clip-on wider mirrors) for towing with a 100 series?
To see truly around the boat, not really. But they’re sufficient to see down the sides of the boat pretty well. The more square shape is better than the sorry excuse for a mirror on our Yukon XL

New heater tees and all new heater related hoses replaced. Back up and running. Checking off almost all of the mechanical stuff so far except redoing brakes and suspension.

I have one gripe that I absolutely HATE about this vehicle and will ultimately lead me to buying another vehicle before long. The position of the rear seat in relation to the door cutout make this absolutely the most difficult vehicle I have had the displeasure of attempting to put a toddler into a rear-facing converter car seat in every morning. The way the seat sits, and makes the carseat sit, creates the tiniest little hole to try to thread him through without banging his head on something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom