New here bought an FZJ80 in terrible condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How to build yourself a cheap cargo barrier for your Wagon / SUV overlanding platform. Keep the cargo in the back and not in your back.

Escalante is one of my new favorite places to go. Its remote, harder to get to, and not a lot of people down there. We did some exploring down there a few weeks back in the land cruiser. We were doing some exploring looking for places to do some camping and other activities in the area. Lots of cool things to see. We found this road on our topo maps and decided to take a gander.

We got a new bumper for the Toyota Land Cruiser. And its pretty DARN cool. Check it out. We have and will continue to ruin the purity of this Land Cruiser.

Some payoff pictures. I’m running behind on updating the build. But all the leaks are fixed. What a pain in the arse.

plus a new aluminum radiator.

3FFCA2FD-3481-4A10-A495-BAE8270C9910.jpeg

Also things to note. Dual battery system. Sequoia alternator swap. Waiting for a new muffler to get rid of the 100 lbs of trash on it right now.

Finally got to go take it out for a bit of a shakedown run. This area is called Little Moab, its outside of Lehi Utah. Its a pretty cool place to go play around. Lots of different lines to see how well you vehicle does. The cruiser did pretty well. I need to remove the Viscous Coupling next and do some exhaust work so it doesn't sound like a broken vacuum cleaner.

I got a DIY bumper kit a few weeks ago and put it all together on the cruiser. This one is from Coastal Off-Road. I opted for the swing outs on it as well.

Ive got the same issue with the snorkel hose. Never bothered fixing the kink, supplies enough air I believe. Nice work so far, its come a long way in a short time!

Thanks. I actually fixed the kink in the hose by using some new silicone hoses I got off eBay. I’ll take a picture and show you if you’d like.

I love white 80's and I love seeing them in their natural habitat. Keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom